Monday, April 03, 2006

Daylight Savings Time + Tylenol PM + Monday = Sleepy

Well folks, it's Monday and I'm starting to feel the effects of Daylight Savings Time. I might also be feeling the effects of the Tylenol PM I took last night. For some reason I thought I was going to need help falling asleep, despite the fact that I was falling asleep in my recliner. Sometimes my brain just don't work good.

Speaking of movies, I was on a mission yesterday to find a movie to watch. After learning that Target didn't stock any of the movies I wanted, I decided to hit up Walfart. I had to go there for a few other things, so I figured I'd pick up a flick too. Eeerrrooonngg. Apparently they've cut out most of their movie selection in favor of TV shows on DVD. Dammit!

I did pick up everything else I needed while I was there, so it wasn't a complete waste. Then off I headed to Price Chopper for some fresh groceries. As I walked in, I remembered that I wanted to get a coffee grinder. You see, JD provided the coffee grinder and since we bought a pallet of beans at Sam's Club, I couldn't just make the switch to grounds. He has his ready to pack, so I didn't want to get it dirty this weekend. I'm sure Walfart or Target would have had a better selection, but I needed one ASAP.

So, to prevent my short term memory from failing me, I headed directly to the appliance section of the store and picked up a grinder. I got the basic, run of the mill grinder which also happened to be on sale. Cha-ching! However, I was at the opposite side of the store from where I usually start, which means I was going to have to shop backwards. I figured it would be simple enough, but it wasn't. I had NO idea what I was doing. I was wandering aimlessly half the time. Now I know what it's like to suffer from dementia. At long last, I finished my shopping and was in search of the fastest checkout line. Of course, half of the lines were closed and the rest were starting to coil around the store so I knew I was in for a doozie of a time. Fortunately in my quest for the best line, I wandered by the movie section and spotted the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring movie I wanted to see. It was about $10 cheaper than Walfart since it didn't have the extra 2 discs (it was only a two-disc job, which is one more disc than I need) and I was sold.

I checked out and was on my merry way. When I got home, I did some quick cleaning with some of my new cleaning supplies, and put away my clean dishes. Ahhh, counterspace again! I whipped up some delicious dinner, watched most of a movie and hit the sack. That's it.

P.S. I really need to learn how to cook for one person again. I have three meals worth of leftover taco stuff. I'm sure JD will polish off one when he returns from his parents' house, but after Thursday I'm gonna either have to scale back or get used to eating the same thing several days in a row.

Over and out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre