Friday, April 14, 2006

The Leaning Tower of Goodies

Just an update. I killed a HUGE spider yesterday who made the deadly mistake (on his part) of loitering in my bathtub. Well, his mistake was followed by the swift hand of the Grim Reaper incarnate - executed through my hand and a Dove (made with 1/4 moisturizing cream) soap box. His remains were flushed down the drain with gallons upon gallons of HOT water, just in case he was playing dead and tried to swim upstream to seek revenge upon me.

I'm sure a lot of you have been wondering about recent developments concerning my latte and dessert. I broke down and - I'm afraid to admit - bought my latte from Starbucks. It's in the same shopping center as Price Chopper, so when I went to buy a pie (and ice cream, and Power Bars, and cereal) I stopped in and had them prepare a large vanilla soy latte for my drinking pleasure.

Once inside Price Chopper, I made a beeline to the pie department sans shopping basket. I figured I could manage to carry a pie without a basket, but was quickly tempted by the Power Bars, then GoLean Crunch (which is eternally on sale, yet I continue to buy it in case they stop with the sales). I balanced the two boxes of cereal and Power Bars, then the pie and sandwiched all of that with my latte. An unruly stack to say the least.

On my way to the checkout line, I thought maybe I should pick up some ice cream to accompany the pie, and my stack grew by one half gallon of ice cream. Noticing my precarious Jenga-style tower of goodies, a kind gentleman offered the advice - which can only be gained through experience - "Shudda gotta cart". Thanks pal, I've been shopping for years and that thought never crossed my mind.

So, the pie was delicious as was the ice cream, as was the latte. My Name is Earl and The Office were both hilarious. I put the cereal in the basement and saved the Power Bars for the next time I run and need a quick meal.

The End.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre