Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Requirements (shalls) for the day

In response to yesterday's expletive-rich outburst, I would like to make the following statement: My kitties are so cute, I can't stay mad at them. Plus being mad makes them want my attention more, so they act up more; lather, rinse, repeat. I end up being the only one to lose.

In response to a comment made at lunch, I have the following statement: being single does not make a person gay. Being gay makes a person gay, and if a gay person is in a relationship, it doesn't make them straight. Sexual orientation is not dependent on a person's relationship status.

Well, with that out of the way I'll continue. My mood has improved somewhat from yesterday. The cats received some attention this morning to ward off any clawing of the rug or snacking of the headphones (which are on the bookshelf in the livingroom, shhhh). The snackclub is out of Animal Crackers, which has been a real mental setback, but I'll find a way around it. Perhaps I'll just leave early.

It's been three days with no running and so far I've compensated for this loss by eating my weight in snacks. Granted, I'm sure there was some caloric deficit from Friday's biathalon, but three days later I think I should have caught up. Stupid rain, I blame you! Today I proclaim to be 10-miler day. I shall go to the Rail Trail and run to Cheshire and back.

Unless it's snowing or I'm wicked tired.

I shall use my new headphones to listen to uplifting music such as DMB, BNL (Barenaked Ladies) or other three-letter-acronymed bands. MNM (Eminem), DrD (Dr. Dre)? Not exactly uplifting except for a few motivational songs, perhaps I'll throw them in the mix. If I'm lucky the UPS guy will have left my road shoes by the garage door. I'm not counting on it, but stranger things have happened.

Then I shall cook some chicken or other protein-rich food, to be thrown in the mix with some carbohydrate-rich foor such as pasta or toast. And if I eat toast, it shall be heavily laden with butter. Me love butter.

Then, I shall clean the kitchen, and perhaps run the vacuum. I should clean my bedroom but I'm pretty sure I won't. Stupid outlets that need to be finished, curse you. Perhaps I'll finish the outlets so I can put my bedroom back together.

Nope, I'm almost positive that I won't. And now, I'm ghost.

Old Coot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! Above and beyond the call of bloggery! Thank you so much. You have built treasures in heaven for yourself and possibly ensured a better day than you had yesterday. Peace friend.

Todd said...

As you shall see in yesterday evening's entry, I did indeed have a better day yesterday. Positive thinking gets some of the credit, but I'll share some of the credit with supporting worthy causes. Thanks for the opportunity.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre