Monday, April 24, 2006

Fuh-uh-uck!

I'm gonna complain about some shit right here. The worst thing I did today was get out of bed. Since then, the day has gone downhill.

My cat - who had clawed up my brand new rug - struck again whilst I was sleeping.

Then I went to work, where nothing happened. My blog wouldn't post, I got zero e-mail, the test plan I wrote went unreviewed (it's now two and half weeks late), I felt like I was going to pass out all day (low blood sugar? perhaps) and everytime I turned around someone had another fucking problem for me. Oh, then the one thing I did get accomplished was lost when the god damn piece of shit DOORS program decided it no longer wanted to save my work. I had to close it without saving. FUCK!

I locked up my computer and left.

When I got home, I thought a run would help clear my head. I changed my clothes, put in my contacts, laced up my shoes and went to plug in my headphones. Oh, someone ATE MY FUCKING HEADPHONES! Nano, was that you? Probably got hungry after clawing the piss out of my rug and climbed on my diningroom table to have himself a little snack. FUCK! I headed out.

No sooner than my sneakers hit the stairs did it start fucking raining. I went back inside, changed into some comfy gear and got ready to sit down and veg for the rest of the night. "I know, I'll go to Target, pick up a cheap movie, stop at Price Chopper and grab some sushi for dinner."

With movies in hand (and new headphones) I stopped at Price Chopper. Let me set the mood: the place had more people in "I can't walk on my own but I can still shop in complete oblivion" Scooter-people and baby's mamas than I've ever seen in one store. I headed up to the do-it-yourself aisle and scanned in my stuff. I paid in cash because it seemed appropriate for the $7.18 purchase I was making. As the machine spit out my change it said to see the cashier for my remaining $0.82. I looked over just as she walked away with some Pittsfield Player (AKA highschool dropout wearing dirty oversized sweatpants, a crooked hat and sneakers with no laces, but somehow gets all the chicks pregnant). Asshole.

I left without my $0.82.

When I got home, I nestled in my recliner with my sushi and my chips to watch my movie. About halfway through I see the cat (Nano again) slinking around. I don't think much of it. Then I hear what sounds like a cat in the basement taking care of business, complete with scratching (if you have an indoor cat, you'll understand). Seconds later, Nano comes skulking out of the bathroom, where he just pissed all over my fucking sink. WHAT THE FUCK, CAT!?

I clean that mess up, go down to the basement, clean the litter box and RRRRIIPPPP, the fucking bag tears open spilling nasty ass cat litter all over the floor I just cleaned yesterday. For Christ's Sake, can someone please throw me a bone? I threw the bag in the trash, washed my hands and resumed my movie.

Tomorrow better be a better day.

Looking for the positive in this shitstain of a day,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre