Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'll show you, Jesus

Today was not my day to run. First I was supposed to meet up with the CRG at 5:30 for a run in Pittsfield State Forest. I was psyched since I was away all weekend; the fix was just what I needed. I went home from work, cleaned up a little, got suited up and headed over to the meeting place. I was even about 10 minutes early for the first time. I cleaned up my car for a few minutes, laced up my shoes and went up to the house. I was greeted by our leader's daughter with the news that nobody was going to show. DAMN! I don't know the trails enough to run them myself, so I went back home.

Once home, I thought I'd just throw on my road shoes and do a few miles myself. Eeerrroonnngggg! Apparently I left my road shoes at my parents' house this weekend. Now I had to break my business sneakers out of retirement but I was determined to get my run on. After all of the garbage I've been eating I needed to sweat out some serious candy. And sweat I did, because Jesus had to test me by providing me with only a long sleeve navy shirt. Way too hot for the sunny day we had today. For the record, I'm not religious I just blame Jesus for this one.

Well, I need to get some dinner in my belly. It looks like I won't be having that pork tenderloin afterall. It's gonna take at least an hour and I'm too hungry for that mess. Welp, I'll holler at all y'all later.

Over and out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's pronounced "Jebus".

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre