Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Decked and Railed

DUUU-HUUUUDES! For starters, I am absolutely bushed. I worked out on that damned porch from about 3:30 until 11:30 last night. I got all of the balusters installed for the deck and was setting up to predrill the balusters for the stairs and thought maybe I should take a few measurements.

I probably spent a good hour and a half trying to calculate how long to cut the balusters for the stairs, only to determine that the ones I had weren't going to be long enough. I switched modes to installing the rail along the top and wrestled with that for a while until JC showed up. Two people made it a LOT easier. Big ups to JC once again.

The porch is coming along nicely!

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your porch looks AWESOME. I'm so excited for you. You should take lots of pictures. (the yard looks nice too!!!)

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre