Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Deck is Framed Up

Hey E'er'one, what's happening? I'm sitting here after a long day of working on stuff, and I'm enjoying some Espresso Chip ice cream. Two words MMM, MMMMMMM. Today, JC came over and we got the porch all framed up and purdy.

Tomorrow morning we plan on starting bright and early on the stair stringers, and I hope to have those finished by the time JC has to leave. Everything after that is just gravy, and I can do it myself at my own pace. But the stringers (the things that the stairs sit on) require some complicated math that I can't seem to wrap my head around. After working in the sun all afternoon we tried and tried to come up with a scheme and just couldn't.

Instead, we went out to JC's house to put in his new shower door and have some dinner. First of all, get this... Last time I worked on a project with JC, it was at his house and they fed me up right. This time, he came to my house and helped me all day. We went to his house, spent an hour or so installing his shower door, and they fed me up right. Notice the pattern here? Cha-ching!

Second of all, let me tell you about this shower door. It's not no shit ass sliding door that gets full of mold after a week. This is some space-age shit right out of Better Homes and Gardens. It is suh-weet! It went it fairly smoothly minus the screw head we had to grind down (man, talk about tight tolerances). The whole thing went in pretty nice and looks fantastic.

Now, I am hating on their shower.

Well, I have to sit out on my "porch" for a few minutes to enjoy it then it's to the shower and to bed. I'll try to put some pictures up on flickr tomorrow; I'm too tired to do it tonight. Latros.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre