Saturday, June 10, 2006

Boo this Weather

Alright, what gives? I mean for real, they claim we've been into the 70's in the past few weeks but that shit must have been at night or something because I never saw it. Today's run in Richmond was cold and wet, weather you'd expect in early November. For real, the car said it was 49 degrees and there was a constant drizzle. Some of us get bummed out when there's no sunshine for a while, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep a smile on my face.

Last night was one of those days when you wish you could crawl under the covers and sleep until the sun came out. I stayed in, watched a movie and fell asleep in my recliner. This morning when my alarm went off, I forgot that it wasn't a work week and did like I usually do; I kept sleeping. Then, it dawned on me that I was supposed to be picking people up for a run so I jumped up, busted my ass to get out the door and got to the meeting house a little early. Phew!

When we started out, we were joined by two guys who went out at 6:30. They ran the same route, just an hour earlier. Feeling good, they joined us for a little while. That little while turned into our entire run, so these guys did around 15 miles this morning. At the end, they were still kicking my ass up and down the hills. I know they've been at it longer than I have, but I still try to keep up. This time, my right hamstring was not having it; I should have held back.

Afterwards I grabbed myself some coffee and a muffin at Juice 'n' Java, read the paper and now I'm psyching myself up to drive out to Sam's Club out in Latham, NY. They closed the "close" one, so now I have more like a 75 minute drive. It's hardly worth it at this point, but it's going to get me out of the house so I guess I don't mind too much. I'm freezing my ass off this morning, and I know a shower would help but I'm not looking forward to getting out of the shower. Plus I'm all scuzzy from running so a shower is pretty much needed, but still.

Well, that's it folks. Life here is pretty blah and I blame the weather. I'll holler at y'all later.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually slipped mother nature a $20 to keep it miserable. It's all propaganda to lure you West.

Mother Nature is so cheap!!!

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre