Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Global Warming or Global Rewarding?


The Postal Service

Just the other day, I started listening to this indie group called The Postal Service. They sound a lot like The Flaming Lips to me, but I guess maybe all Indie Rock (or whatever genre it is) sounds the same to me. I'm not an Indie Rock kind of dude, but sometimes the chill music sooths my relaxation nerves just the right way.

Anyway, as I was rolling in the A-ride I heard the following lyrics. They caught my attention for two reasons: the first being that they talked about global warming and the second that were clever as hell. As you may recall, I'm reading a book whose background theme is global warming. Normally I hate when I have to read song lyrics on someone's blog, but this is pretty short.

Again last night I had that strange dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemed
Where concerns about the world getting warmer
The people thought they were just being rewarded
For treating others as they'd like to be treated
For obeying stop signs and curing diseases
For mailing letters with the address of the sender
Now we can swim any day in November


My favorite is "for mailing letters with the address of the sender". That's all.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre