Sunday, March 11, 2007

Effin Aye

First I overslept a birthday run this morning, which are my favorite kind of run. First we run, then we eat breakfast, my favorite meal of the day. So favorite in fact, that today I ate breakfast while they ran, then met up for breakfast.


Don't Cry Over Spilt Coffee

As I was getting nestled into my recliner in the afterglow of two breakfasts, I reached across my end table for a tissue for my leaky nostril when my arm gently brushed a picture frame. The picture frame folded and tipped over onto a coffee cup. The coffee cup fell off the pedestal on which I had set it (so as not to leave a ring on my table) and dumped coffee all over everywhere, most importantly on my poor rug that's been nothing but abused.

Mere seconds after I started sopping up the coffee, polluting the air with f-bombs and the like, my (landline) phone rang. Assuming it was my folks/sister/someone important I hustled to answer it. The answering machine picks up after two rings, so you can imagine the fury of hustling I had to go through.

When I finally answered the phone, the machine chimed in causing me to holler at the person on the other end to hold on whilst I stopped the machine. With that settled, I resumed the phone call. It was a poor student from my alma mater undoubtedly asking me for a donation. It was not her fault that I had spilled my coffee all over creation but when she asked if now was a good time for... I cut her off with "I just spilled my coffee all over my effin living room!!!". She took the hint and offered to call back another time.

After that mishap I had to get out of the house. I cleaned the rug as best as I could, knowing I'd never get all of the coffee out and that I can't even use a steam cleaner because it's wool and will shrink. I needed to clear my head, so I took off for the Lee Outlets in what would be a fruitless search for an argyle sweater vest.

Now I'm just blogging to kill time while Episode 2 of Season 2 of The Office buffers. Even though I gave up TV for Lent, this doesn't count. I knew ahead of time that it would be alright to watch episodes online, it's the hours of sitting in front of the tube that I'm Lenting against.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I could really go for some Jimmy Dean's breakfast sausage patties...

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre