Friday, March 30, 2007

ASV may be DOA

Hey everyone, I don't have a whole lot to holler at you about today but I'm sure it'll all build up into some lengthy post anyway. Top concern of the day: Argyle Sweater Vest Friday.


ASV Friday's Not Looking Good

Today was the second installment of ASV Friday and we're already down to two participants. My ASV is already sub-par as far as argyle goes, and the other guy is complaining that it's too hot for a sweater even if it is only a vest. The third guy claims his is missing, but my theory is that someone snake-walked in through his dryer vent and snatched that prime article of clothing straight from his dryer. The winds of change have begun to blow.

DMR and I ran through all of the obvious choices for what to try next. We came up with bowling shirts, Hawaiian shirts, puffy pirate shirts, bow-ties, leopard print spandex pants, biker shorts - you know, the basics. These didn't seem to fit the basic idea behind the Friday dress code; we need something different.

I had the fleeting thought that we should get service guy shirts. You know the guys with the short sleeve shirts and the company badge on one chest and their name on the other. We checked out a few websites real quick and it became immediately apparent that Lab Coats would be much better.

I priced out a fully customized lab coat and I'll be honest, it wasn't cheap. We'd want the standard white coat with all the pockets, the embroidered name above the left breast pocket and an emblem of some sort over the right. The embroidery sample had the name "Eli Thompson" with his title "Medical Student" below (click for Eli's sample). Yup, that's the one I want. Next was the emblem, and it was immediately obvious that we needed the "Happy Tooth" emblem (click to see that happy tooth).

Of course, once we got pinched for the add-ons the price of the lab coats doubled. Perhaps we can eliminate the second line of text and just leave it at "Eli Thompson". There is still time to change the name but we're thinking that they should all be the same. OH MAN, I just had a thought...

The other guy who was helping me pick out the lab coats has the initials DR. So his name could be "The DR". I often go by the moniker "Original Recipe Todd" so "OR Todd" could be my name (OR is short of Operating Room in the hospital world). LMB could be "Len M.B.", and as for the rest of the people we'll have to come up with some ideas for them.

The point of having custom lab coats made up is so that not just anyone can copy us. If you're not in from the get-go you have to go out of your way to get in. Poseurs beware, we are the real deal.


Sometime Google Doesn't Find the Easiest Route

A friend of mine directed me to this set of directions from Chicago, IL to London, England. It looks like your basic set of driving directions, that is until you hit step 20. Take a look-see for yourself.


Well, that's all I got. Peace out home slices.


Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Mike said...

Have you considered "Men's Exaggerated Cowl-Neck Sweater with a Buckle" Friday? Just a thought.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre