Monday, February 19, 2007

You're In the Right Place!

Hey everybody, I just made a bunch of changes to my blog, hopefully for the better. The kicker was that I wanted to upgrade to the configurable templates but I had my own stuff (html code) that would have to be copied over to give it all of the functionality of the old template. Long story short, it was going to be a hassle. Now that I've made the change, updates to the template should be much easier. Hopefully I can make this blog more fun for all of you!


New Features

In case you hadn't noticed, there is a new feature on the right-hand-side. Some things are only funny to a select few, and this is one of them. At lunch, we have a running (on-going) joke about things that are "no joke". You'll find someone inadvertently saying something like "Cockroaches are no joke", then we'll bust out laughing and add it to some non-existent list. Well, now there's a list.

I purposely didn't give the context for each entry because I think it might make them funnier as standalone items in a list. In the future I might add the context when I add something to the list.

Okay, so that's really the only feature I've added that you can see. The rest of the features make life easier for me. Enjoy!



Over and Out,
Old Coot

5 comments:

RackmanT said...

Also, I'm thinking that the No Joke list will really start to get you some funky hits from search engines.

Keep nerdin it up with pants on!

Abbey said...

Just ask Alissa about number E.

Mike said...

That "Original Recipe Todd" trucker hat is no joke in my opinion, but we can't add that because these things need to be spontaneous you know. Otherwise the list ceases to be authentic, and sadly, a joke. Oh sweet irony... with pants on.

Todd said...

RackmanT and Mike, I hear ya on that "No Joke List". Mike, I think when we receive our respective goods from cafepress, we should both wear them to lunch one day. I'll temporarily suggest next Friday. You can wear your shirt under a dress shirt if you're worried about what people will think.

Ab, I haven't confirmed it with Balissa yet, but I'm confident that she too would find lawnmower blades to not be a joke.

Anonymous said...

OK so now I have to comment. When I bought my new house it had one of those deadly push lawnmowers in the garage and I refused to even go near it. They are no joke indeed. I have my deforemed finger to prove it.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre