Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mo Money, Less Problems

As of last night, my wireless connection at home has been restored. After scouring the futureweb for a new driver for my wireless card, I came up empty-handed. A little fussing with the router settings and voila, I was back in business. I blame Microsoft.



Power Blogging, Unplugged

Here's what I think happened. MS decided to update my security settings and by doing so rendered my whole setup defunct. I'm not sure how this could have happened, but I think it made it impossible for me to operate my network unsecured. One setting change and the next thing I knew I had full signal strength. PlacaTAN!

Simply put: blah blah blah, now it works.

Now I'm going to be Power Blogging, unplugged. Phew, what a hassle.


Mega Millions

Damn it, I still haven't won. I've invested $20 into this freaking Mega Millions scam with zero payout. I gave another $5 to a guy in my office only because I don't want to be the only guy left when they hit big. One of these times we have to win.

A brief e-mail conversation today convinced me that I need to win big. My talents are wasted at my job, I would be able to better serve my public if I didn't have a lame ass job interfering with my creativity. I know, I know you all think that mo money means mo problems, just like Biggie Smalls told us, but in my case you're wrong. I might drive a newer Lesbaru and ride a fancier bike, and wear better running clothes, and have my own espresso machine but other than that I can't see money changing me as a person. I'd probably move to a new house on a new hill, where I had radiant heat in the floors instead of busted ass forced air but again that wouldn't change me as a person.

But I would flaunt my cash in front of all you suckers who work regular jobs and have to worry about the price of rice in China. I'd park in the parking lot of my current employer and wave stacks of cash at people as they filed into their cube farms, sipping a latte I made at home. I'd tie fishing line to $100 bills and watch people chase them across the parking lot, then laugh in their face as I tore up the money right in front of them.

Then I'd walk into my manager's office and quit, Leroy Jenkins style. If I got any beef from anyone, I'd hire an impromptu entourage to rough them up while I mean mugged them. Lastly I'd take the last cup of coffee and not make another pot.

Hate hate hate!


House of Pain Update

Damn, I'm gonna leave some negative feedback on this guy's site. I've been waiting for this album for a long time now. I even ordered it from someone on the east coast so I wouldn't have to wait for the Pony Express to hand carry it from southern California. I am so itching to get my House of Pain on.


Leeroy Jenkins

If you haven't heard of Leeroy Jenkins, this video will answer all of your questions. It's a prime example of accidental humor. These nerds are playing a nerd video game, with their nerd-speak and nerd-tactics, speaking very matter-of-factly about all nerdy aspects of the game, when Leeroy Jenkins fucks up the whole choreographed plan. "Leeroy, you are just stupid as hell."



At least he has chicken.


And that's the end of that chapter. If you send me some good Mega Millions vibes I'll kick you some cash when I win.


Over and Out,
Old Coot

6 comments:

Abbey said...

Um, so if you win big at the office, that means a bunch of other guys will be fishing in the parking lot too, right? Hmm.

You will take care of your crib, right? I mean, remember how I helped you out that one time...

Anonymous said...

You could always get that guy Louie to ring theirs necks if they give you a hard time!! HeHe

Todd said...

And it begins. I haven't even received my winnings yet (or actually been deemed the winner yet, since the drawing isn't until tomorrow) and people have their hands out.

Alissa, OH MY GOD I forgot about the "Ring yer's necks" guy. He was a Grey Rooming House guy, right? I need to get his story straight for when I make my Buffalo (or just Elmwood) movie. Was he the one who yelled at us for riding our bikes too loudly?

Abbey said...

Two comments:

1.) You spelled grey with an E. Awesome!

2.) I love how it's always been the Grey Rooming House. As if there were other rooming houses on our street from which it needed to be distinguished.

WV: zmaadyl. "'Z maadda y'all?" A homey sheep is concerned about his crew.

Does anyone else have such trouble with WV's? I'm on my fourth try here...

Anonymous said...

It was Louie Fasolino, but I can't remember why he came over that day. And have you seen the gray rooming house lately? It's now the tan sided luxury condos!

Unknown said...

Please, please, please tell me you have seen the Southpark making fun of those Warcraft nerdy-ass games.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/show/display_episode.php?season=10&id1=1008&id2=151

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre