Thursday, February 15, 2007

The End of an Era

Well Cooterinos, you know what they say about doors closing?

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! Peace!

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, I just got home from the closing on my new mortgage and as of today I am the sole owner of a small piece of land (and a residence) in the Pitt. Some of you may remember this land/house as the house I've been living in for the last four years. Your memory serves you correctly, I bought the place from myself for the low low price of X number of dollars.

True to form, things still aren't technically final. I have 3 business days to back out of the deal before it becomes written in stone. I'm pretty sure that there's nothing the previous co-owner can do to muck up my life so F that B!

As expected, the air was sweeter, a guy let me into a huge line of traffic, I ate a delicious treat at Starbucks, I bought a new pink shirt (for Pink Shirt Friday tomorrow), and somewhere in the middle I burst out into an uncontrollable smiling, gleaming, laughing fit. Life is now better.

[wiping hands] And that's the end of that chapter [/wiping hands]




Over and Out,
Old Coot

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Hooraaaaaay! That's the sound of the crowd gathered at the tickertape parade I organized for you in my mind. Fortunately everyone was able to make it on such short notice.

WV: I'm not even going to try it's so damn long and complicated...

Todd said...

I thought I saw something about that tickertape parade on Capital News 9 last night. Thanks, sis.

Anonymous said...

Dead Weight Free since 93! congratulations my friend!
Don't sweat the lamp we'll get you another on our monthly trips to IKEA. (maybe I'll buy 5 in case they wear out)

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre