Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bi-Weekly Hump Day

Good morning urrbody. I've got some good news and I've got some bad news. Which do you want to hear first?


Bad News First

Well, this was sort of a trick. The bad news is mostly that I didn't bring enough candy for everyone so I won't be sharing. Also, my leg/butt problem that had seemingly gone away came roaring back today.

You see, I felt like I was about 97% recovered. I went for a run last night (damn, it was cold) and felt pretty good for most of the run. The last few miles however, I felt some pain in my hip flexor. This is not really related to the leg/butt pain, in fact it wasn't even the same leg. I chalked it up to the cold and pressed on. I think what happened is I kept compensating for one ache/pain or another and ended up re-injuring my leg/butt. The good news of it is that it's really just a hamstring problem and I hope to be able to stretch my problems away.


The Good News

Well, first of all I was reviewing my sitemeter count and saw that I had a hit from somewhere overseas (Lambeth, London). The referral came from a search engine, with the search text "pink shirt friday". Ahh, not only are other people interested in Pink Shirt Fridays, but they also use my blog as reference material.

After yesterday's high temp of about 10 degrees (F), we started today out at a sweltering 22 degrees (also F), with an expected high of close to 40! I'm not sure what shape I'll be in after work, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get out and do something. Ski, 'shoe, run? Who knows?


Almost 730 Days

For those of you who care, this Thursday marks the 730th day (that's 2 years to the lay person) that I've been on the wagon. This month is just full of milestones. To celebrate this occasion, I ordered myself The Stick, a glorified rolling pin for massaging knots out of your muscles. With my recent history of having knots sideline my running, I thought this would be a nice treat.

Go ahead and laugh, ha ha, Old Coot bought a massager called "The Stick". You guys are so immature.

I also treated myself to a pull-up bar, so I can add pull-ups to my non-running fitness regime. So far I've been able to limit myself to only exercises that use my body weight. This is a goal of mine to keep me from going overboard. I know that if I'm not careful I'll end up with a BowFlex.


Well, that's all I have to say about that. Oh, and I made some soup last night that is wicked good. I loaded up the ginger but you really can't taste it; bummer.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I care about the wagon you're on and I have some questions about it, because I'm contemplating mounting it myself, for a few reasons--one of the main ones being that I am Too Old For This Shit and Who Has the Time Anyway? I have in fact been on the wagon for almost 4 weeks. I can't find an email addy for yo ass so will you holla at me? mavenhaven at gmail dot cizzom.

Anonymous said...

Also, congratulations.

Unknown said...

really todd, the stick? you are so lucky I'm so far away now. I hope you are getting some serious razzing at lunch.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre