Friday, February 16, 2007

Pink, Baby Blue, and Squirrel Tossing

Hey y'all. Not much new from yours truly since my last post about 12 hours ago. I can tell you that I slept like a baby last night and life is just a little better today. In fact, I have some concrete evidence that life is better.


Pink Shirt Friday

As you know, every working Friday (which is every other Friday with our 9/80 schedule) has been named Pink Shirt Friday by yours truly. People laughed, naysayed (naysaid?), and generally poked fun at my idea. Well, my numbers are up and I have more and more people not only wearing pink shirts but actually going out and buying pink shirts just to wear for Pink Shirt Friday. I'm a freaking trend setter!

One guy, who used to be my lead, received his pink shirt from his wife on Valentine's Day. He had merely mentioned that the Hardware Crew (big ups to the HWC) was going to be wearing them every other Friday and she took it upon herself to make sure he had one. The long arm of the Coot has reached out and touched the wives of the HWC members. PlacaTAN!


I Am the Original Recipe

In case any of your were wondering, my real name isn't Old Coot. In real life, I go by the name "Todd". At work, we have two Todds so the question often comes up of which one is the real one. I am so secure in my realness that I also go by the name "Original Recipe Todd", since the original recipe for Todds was used to create me. All others are lesser, slapped-together facsimiles.

Losers.

The other one, who is older and has worked at my workplace longer, is Bizarro Todd. I'm sure I've covered this before. To put an end to any confusion, I had a former coworker prepare a hat for me. This hat is on order and will be delivered to my house in the next week or so.

If you don't see a picture of me wearing this hat in the near future, please speak up. I promised BV I'd get one to him, and my word is my bond yo. That's just how I roll.


MLK isn't the Only One Who Dreams

As I mentioned, I slept great last night. There was one dream that was as vivid as they get. I'm going to try to convey the details to you, then offer the translation I came up with using my handy dandy dream dictionary.

In my dream, there was a squirrel loose in my house. I tried to chase it out just by literally chasing it around the place. Having never actually chased a squirrel around my house before, it was a lot like chasing a cat who doesn't want to be caught (if you can imagine such a thing). Realizing that it was going to start effing up my house, I had to become more and more forceful; I waved a dish towel at it, and eventually wet a corner and started snapping the towel at it.

I felt bad having to snap it with a towel, but it had to go. I even had my cats try to get it, but they're useless when it comes to catching food that doesn't come in fun, crunchy shapes and present itself in a bowl. Finally I grabbed the squirrel and threw it out the door. It had to be done.

In the world of dreams, your house is representative of your personal world. Something happening to/in my house in a dream relates to something happening to/in my awake world. The dream squirrel is defined by...

To see squirrels running around, signifies that you are involved in a loveless or pointless relationship or an unprofitable business project.


By throwing this loveless, pointless, unprofitable squirrel out of my house, well, I think you can figure it out. Peace out "squirrel".


Leeeeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!!!

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Didn't need a dream dictionary to figure that one out! I always go by Mom's "Now what in your life is like that?"

WV: yiejbuq "Ya jitter bug. Uh do the jitterbug..." Wham!

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre