Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Update

Alright, I've been trying to write a new post for days, but my internet connection at home is effed up. Instead of trying to update the dates so that it make sense I've decided to abandon it and start fresh.


3 Day Weekends are the Bomb

This past weekend was another of our 3-day weekends. We get them every other week, at considerable cost during the rest of the week, but man are they nice. I have made a pact with myself that I'm going to use each one to its fullest. This weekend was no exception.

First, I slept in a little bit later than usual and took my time getting going. Around 10:00 I hopped in the A-ride and drove out to Notchview for some cross country skiing. Lacking company, I had to hope for the best.

When I got there, I was surrounded by highschool kids bouncing around the lodge before. I'm guessing they were there for practice, and by practice I mean annoying the shit out of me while they had their highschool conversations about things that only concern highschool kids. Resisting the urge to kill all of them, I quietly changed into my ski gear and headed out. They must have been on some other set of trails because we never crossed paths. THANK GOD.

It was a fantastic day, probably around 20 degrees and sunny. It had snowed the night before so there was a fresh 3" coat of snow on the trails and boy was it silent. Ahhh. The trails they chose to groom were slightly different from the last time I was there, so I was forced to take some different routes and a few times blaze my own trails.

The only negative was that my Check Engine light came on again. I'm not positive, but I think it's really an About to Drive to Windsor light. It's turned on the last few times I've either threatened to drive to Windsor or in this case, actually driven there.

Two days later, the light's back off.


The Stick

So this "Stick" I told all of you I bought is fantastic. The first day I used it I found sore muscles where I didn't even think there were muscles. Then, once those kinks were worked out, there were more kinks underneath. I've been working on my calves for 5 days now and they're finally starting to not bring tears to my eyes. Like the instructions say, "It's like a comb for your muscles."


Ass-cicles

Saturday morning I went snowshoe running up on Mt. Greylock. It was a chilly 10 degrees with wind like you wouldn't believe. I was bundled up a little more than usual, including a wind breaker. As it turned out, the windbreaker not only kept the wind off my person, but it kept the sweat on my person. By the end of the run I had these huge icicles hanging from the back of my jacket. They looked like they were on my ass, so I've dubbed them ass-cicles.

There was so much ice, in fact, that I couldn't separate my fleece from my windbreaker. I warmed them up in the house for about half an hour before I finally just tossed them both in the washing machine in their fused state.


Mortgage Update

This should be the last installment of my mortgage update section. On Friday I received the PAID IN FULL copy of my old mortgage, and a copy of all of the papers I signed for the new one. Like I said before, I had to wait a few days for the attorney to file the paperwork in case I changed my mind, but now I am officially free and clear!


Over and Out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Rootie-toot-toot! That's me playing the bugle for you on the MU front.

Glad you're back - I was starting to not ever want to listen to HOP again...

WV: xkzly. When the "merferkee" / "Ahmabershernnamer" guy is being polite. "Xkzly, is this seat taken?"

Todd said...

So, were you listening to HOP the entire time I was on hiatus? Why would my return rekindle your desire to listen to HOP?

Adavahntage Ruhseevah.

P.S. That was the best WV yet. I can just see someone saying "Exkizzly, is this seat taken?" Priceless.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre