Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day Tomorrow!

Hey y'all, this is gonna have to be quick because I only have about 15-20 minutes. I'm gonna start off by telling you that tomorrow is a snowday here in the Pitt, and even though our work NEVER closes I'll be taking the day off.


Snow Day

On my day off I will undoubtedly be outside playing in the snow. Sure, they want us to stay off the roads, but I assume they'll make an exception for those of us who want to get to a kickass snowshoeing place. I'm thinking Notchview will be my stomping grounds for the day. If that fails, maybe I'll just find my way to the Appalachian Trail (or AT for us locals) for some stomping.

I should point out that I bought snowshoes last winter and we got one storm. I went out about twice and almost died once when I got lost on the mountain by myself at night. Some of you may recall that story from my livejournal days. So hell and highwater (well, maybe the high water) won't be keeping me from snowshoeing tomorrow.


The Honda Express

That package I mailed off to my sister (in Japan) arrived in record time. I think if you factor in the time difference it actually got there before I sent it. If you have any hesitations towards mailing something to your pen-pal in Tokyo, don't.


Subarus are for Lesbians?


I just learned today that Subaru station wagons are for lesbians. You'd think the salesman would mention something like that before I sign my name to the loan papers. Do I need to put a rainbow sticker on my tailgate? Actually, I probably need to put a sticker on the tailgate explaining how I didn't know that these cars are only for lesbians from Northampton, MA. "Sorry, not a lesbian. I didn't know until after I bought it. My bad."

I think I smell a Tilden letter to Subaru asking them what their return policy is on their popular wagon. I'm sure there's a breach of contract somewhere in there due to my non-lesbian status.


Speaking of Tilden

Most of you won't find this to be that funny, but for the fellas at work it's a real rib-tickler. One of the original members of the Tilden Crew has t-shirts for sale at cafepress. He thought it would be funny to put the (revised) phrase "That Would Be Tremendous" on a shirt, in honor of Corbett, of The Corbett Report fame, who is very fond of the saying. As a matter of fact, since learning of its popularity it's been finding its way into my vocabulary.

Ask and ye shall receive. Anyone can now purchase his/her own "That Would Be Tremendous" t-shirt here.

I would like a foam and mesh baseball hat with "Original Recipe Todd" printed on the front. BV, hop to it if you would. That would be tremendous.


Over and Out,
Old Coot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel certain that I have referred to your car as a lesbaru in a previous comment.

If not, I was thinking it.

In other news, PLACATAN! regarding your house.

Todd said...

I do remember such a reference, but I didn't realize the car was reserved for only lesbians. I'm cool with having a car that lesbians fancy, but knowing that lesbianism is a prerequisite for ownership of a Subaru wagon is a little unnerving for a non-lesbian like me.

I hope 5 (non-butch) lesbians hop out of a Lesbaru and kick my ass.

Thanks for the placatan!

Unknown said...

no that you mentioned it, a lot of lesbians do buy subaru's. maybe its cause its a manly looking car or the hippy loving fuel economy. I would say that over time your vehicles have gotten more and more feminine. You had a cop car, not girly at all, except maybe lesbian cops, then you had a an izuzu trooper, totally gay, and anow a subaru. hmm your starting to worry me.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre