Saturday, May 27, 2006

What Day is it Today?

Wow, have I gone all the way to Saturday evening without a post? Sorry playas, it's been a busy one I guess. What with all the sunnin' and funnin' I've been doing. Plus I cleaned a gutter/downspout.

Let's see, yesterday I took the day off of work for myriad reasons. One, I didn't want to go to work, two I felt like taking the day off, three it made it a four-day weekend, five most people take that day off, six I didn't feel like going to work, and so on... I had great plans to do all sorts of stuff, but once I settled into the lazy pace of the day, I realized that I could do with the day whatever my little heart desired. If I wanted to read a book in the front yard, I was funna. If I wanted to drink coffee all day and bake some blondies (they're like brownies only butterscotch instead of chocolate), I was funna. End result - I maxed and I relaxed.

Today started with an AWESOME run with the Thursday night crew. Yes, I know today is Saturday but they invited me along and I couldn't resist. We did this fantastic route in Richmond, MA (about 5 minutes from my house) that took us through the neatest area. We were on dirt roads most of the time, but the views were fantastic and we couldn't help but to comment on them over and over again.

Plus there's a hottie who I think is only around in the summer who runs with those guys. She's from Poland with a cute Polish accent, but most importantly she is a far better athlete than I am (and she used to work at a coffee shop, where we all dined on coffee and pastries after our run today). Moral of the story, there's a consolation prize for not being able to keep up.

After that, I went home, read a book, mowed the lawn, chilled in the yard, cleaned a gutter and ate some turkey. Oh, and finished watching Dogma for about the third time in a month. RC, if you still read this blog, I'm sending it back soon I swear. Sorry JO, I'm just too nice to keep someone else's stuff even if you think it's somewhat justified. Hmm, what's that saying about nice guys?

Anyway, what I'm really here to do is show y'all the progession of paperwork that is leading up to my porch. I've edited out any information about where I live and what my real name is because we live in the age of identity theft and I wouldn't wish my identity on anyone. Commenters, please don't blow my cover or I'll delete your comment.

My first picture is the letter the inspector sent to me a while back. I think it's the third in the series, but I didn't want to bore you all with the others. I'd like to mention that this is by far the ghettoest picture ever taken of my house, even dating back to when I first bought it. Surrisly ladies, it's not as bad as this picture implies. Enjoy...



This one here is the summons I got from the court. I felt like a real live criminal when I got this. I guess real live criminals don't get summonses, they get arrested, but still I felt like a scofflaw.

This is the agreement I had to sign stating that I would in fact build the damned porch in a timely manner. It even how timely of a manner that would be. But now I have to get that sumbitch built or else I'll find myself back in court with the rest of those hoodlums (hoodla?, hoodlae?).

Last but not least is the permit I was "awarded" which allows me to start digging holes. If you look closely, you'll notice that I have to have inspections after every phase of the project. I think that's just to make sure it takes as long as possible to finish the job. No matter, I'm gonna play by the rules and get this monkey off my back as soon as I can.

Correction: No matter how closely you look you won't see that I have to have three inspections, that must be on the back of the page. Oh well, you'll have to take my word for it.

Okay gentle souls, I am far too tired to carry on any more. I'll bid you adieu and I'll holler at you later.

Over and out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre