Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mythbusters Proves Me Right

Hey bloggerators, what up? Okay, my theory has been proven by one consecutive day of airtight anecdotal evidence. Yesterday was a dreary day and I was bummed, today is awesome and I'm in a relatively good mood. I've even had some really obnoxious things happen to me (that I won't share, you wouldn't understand them anyway) and I've so far been able to roll with the punches. Now, if I could just get a doctor to prescribe a tropical vacation I'd be all set.

Due to yesterday's dreariness, I got home from work and stayed there. As you may recall, I rode my bike to work. The ride home was more pleasant than expected, which was really just less unpleasant than expected. I took the scenic route despite the drizzling rain and found that it's a much nicer ride. I bypass some annoying intersections and even get to ride through Brattlebrook Farm (state owned land if I read the sign correctly). It even seems that there might be a trail or two through there which may provide me with an offroad route to the grocery store.

Nope, I just checked with Google Earth and they don't.

When I got home, I had a serious case of backspackle. If you aren't familiar with this term, it's what you get for riding your bike in the rain. The water (and dirt) kick up from your rear tire and leave a nice streak on your ass (and presumably back). Once home, I had to change out of those jeans immediately and into some comfy puttering-around-the-house fleece pants. As I laid the jeans on the bed I saw that the backspackle was pretty gross looking. It literally looked like I deuced the outside of my pants. Upon closer inspection it was clearly just dirt, but still, it was funny.

I made up this awesome (and wicked easy) chicken cordon bleu for dinner. You just take a few (I used 4) chicken breasts, layer the ham and cheese (and sundried tomatoes, since I have an assload of those) on top, cover that with two cans of 'Cream of _____' soup, add a little more cheese and I threw in some baby portobellos. Pop that in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes and you have one delicious meal. Actually, you have 4 delicious meals. Oh my god is that good. The sundried tomatoes added more flavor than I anticipated, but in a most unexpected and delicious way.

Afterwards, I sorted my laundry into the multitudinous categories and set to work warshing them. I got as far as whites and a dark-darks. I only dried the whites. That leaves the mediums (grays, tans, things that aren't dark but aren't white) and the stuff that doesn't get fabric softener (running gear, Stain Defender(TM) khakis and towels). I'm sure I won't get to those until my floor is once again covered in clothes, but I did manage to half-ass it. That's better than non-assing it.

Tonight I think I'm funna meet up with the Other Running Group for the Thursday Night Run at Kennedy Park. They go to dinner afterwards, but I don't think I'll go to that. I'll probably go home and have some chicken cordon bleu and perhaps finish up my laundry. Man, my life is good.

I recommend that you go home immediately and grill some sort of bovine and/or swine products. I'm not going to, but I enjoy the smell of a good barbecue.

Over and out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre