Thursday, May 11, 2006

Damn it's Rainy

Because it's Friday night, and I'm feelin' right! Or it's Friday morning, it's rainy and I have a long day ahead of me. Either way, tomorrow is the first day of two consecutive days of rest. Booyeah!

Complaint Department

First I want to address some complaints I've been getting. JD complained that having to click the links to read the entire entry is a pain. To this, I will say "Too Bad". I'm trying to track stuff and I need people to click stuff. Deal.

The other complaint is that I haven't been posting often enough. To this, I will say "Sorry, I'm doing my best". It's hard work trying to make an ordinary life sound interesting, and sometimes my brain's not firing on enough cylinders to make that happen.

Running News

I'm sure most of you don't care about my running progress, but for those of you who do I'm gonna tell you about my run yesterday. I was in a bit of a time crunch (plus wicked tired) so I thought I'd do my 3 mile (5k) loop at a fast pace and call it quits. I started out a little too fast and quickly tired, but once I settled into a decent pace I was doing fine. Towads the 2.5 mile mark I noticed that I was on pace for a 21 minute time. For those of you who don't know, a 21-minute 5K is pretty good. Ultimately I'd like to get it under 20, but it's not really a priority of mine, more of a latent wish. Anyway, as I hit Elm St (the end of the run) I peered down at the ol' wristwatch and saw that I finished in 21:11. Almost made it. Had I not started off so fast at the beginning (or warmed up first) I probably could have finished under 21:00. YES!

Garden Center

Due to the rain today, my new garden is quickly washing away. The roof on the front of the house dumps a lot of water in one spot and without grass or something on the ground there, it just digs a hole in the dirt and washes it down the walkway. So I went out in the pouring rain this morning (dressed for work) and put some stones down where the water hits. It's not pretty, but for the time being it should help keep the garden intact. One of these days I'm going to have to come up with a better way of handling that water. I think a gutter/downspout would be a little too difficult (you'd have to see it to understand), but perhaps that's the only way to go.

TV News

Did you see The Office last night? All I can say is "YES!". Now if she can just lose that loser, I'll have some closure in my life. If you didn't see it, you should go home and watch it right now (assuming you recorded it). If you didn't record it, find someone who did and immediately watch it.

Okay, that's all I have for today. I'll holler at you later.

Over and out,
Old Coot

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-greed on the office. Admittedly I did get a little misty. She needs to "drop the zero". I'm sad I had to ditch my messenger, I have nothing to fill the afternoons now!!! OH - a horrible way to announce this to you, but I got into Grad school!!!!

Todd said...

Congrats on grad school. And un-congrats on AIM. No wonder I haven't see you online in a while. Well, I'll message someone a little extra for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations nikki... you win a cat. I'll put him in the mail today.

Todd said...

HECOW, isn't the cat you're always trying to give away a female? Plus you know I wouldn't go to your house anymore if you didn't have a "travel cat" for me to pet while I'm away from my own. Tignoculous isn't as cute as Cod-rock so he doesn't count.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre