Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday is the Benz Day

Walking one life, I came upon this deep, deep river. And saw me by it float and I wondered "How long could it be?". And maybe that was when I opened up and realized, 'The most I can do while I'm here now, is not a thing; leave it as I found'.

That's a little quote from a DMB song on my car's soundtrack. For those of you who don't know, I can't change the CD in my car, so when I forget my iPod I listen to the same 8 tracks of a live DMB concert - my car's soundtrack. Fortunately, Track 8 is a 22 minute version (or is it 13?) of Two Step, everyone's favorite Dave song.

I said Everyone!

That was the last song I heard on my way into work. Actually, it was the only song I heard since the drive is all of about 7 minutes. Today was probably more like 5 because I got in early and hit every light green. WHAT WHAT! And it was sunny, and my Cheerios were especially cheery, and I got in early so I can get out early to appreciate the nice day. To the cloudy days of the last fortnight, I say "PlacaTAN, bitches!"

If you can't tell, I seem to be in a good mood today. I went to bed around 10:14 last night, read some of my ChiRunning book (which I will share with others once I'm done) and was fast asleep by 10:46. I woke up at one point fearing it was almost time to get up, and was relieved to see it was only 3:30. Geah! A few more zany dreams and I was good to go.

Editorial note: For all of you dream nerds out there, I know 'zany' is an ignorant description of a dream - they all mean something - but I used it here for brevity's sake. I'm gonna analyze them once I've had the chance to recollect all the details, chill.

I hopped out of bed into my neat, clean, back-in-place bedroom, went downstairs to my recently-"cleaned" living areas, hooked the cats up with some breakfast, had some breakfast of my own (please recall the cheery Cheerios), gave the cats some first-thing-in-the-morning attention, left Nan-whores in charge and backed the Mom-mobile out of the Batcave.

Last night I tried out a new running route in the hopes of finding some new scenery. I figured that since there weren't girls playing beach volleyball on my street, they must be on one of the adjacent streets. They weren't. My new route was a little hairy as it involved East Street over by the "Auto Mile". People don't expect to see runners in them there parts so I startled a few. My trick is to run right in traffic to make myself as visible as possible. I make eye contact with every driver, and if I can't I move out the way. I had a good run; I was wicked tired when I started but still managed to make it about an hour. According to my Batman decoder ring, that's roughly 8 miles. Not bad for an easy-run day!

Afterwards, I chowed down some leftovers which were still as delicious as they were for Monday's dinner and Tuesday's lunch. A quick shower and I was ready to veg in front of the TV. "But wait, it's only 8:46, I can still squeeze in some of that cleaning I've been putting off." So I ran the vacuum over the downstairs only to realize how scummy I am. There were cobwebs everywhere, the baseboards were filty (who vacuums those anyway?) and I had to stop and change the bag at one point. No wonder the freaking thing felt so heavy, it had 9 cats worth of fur and dander inside it, plus a sliver from a used bar of soap (where the hell did that come from?). Shit! Then I settled down only to realize there was nothing on TV except a Frontline exposee on the international sex trade business. Man, that shit is effed up!

On that pleasant note, I went to bed, read and got myself some beauty rest.

Pop Quiz: What producer-turned-rapper spit the lyrics "Killin' y'all [black people] on that lyrical shit. Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips." You like my appropriate use of the phrase "spit the lyrics"?

Over and out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I have no idea, but I do like your implementation of the phrase "spit the lyrics." Very colloquial of you. By the dub, thanks for the feedback.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre