Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Weary Weekend

Good evening folks. I know, I know. It's been about 5 days since I last posted but in my defense two of those days were the weekend, and I was fast asleep.

No joke, I think I slept the entire weekend away and it was fantastic. I'm not usually one to sleep all day during the week or on the weekend, but this was definitely called for. I'll explain...

Saturday, I dragged my ass out of bed to run. I didn't want to at all, but I had my reasons for going. We were going to have our Kangaroo Court to decide who was going to have to wrap the wedding towels and since I had been deemed "most neutral", I was the judge. I couldn't back down on my obligation. So I went, and I knew that once I got up and out I'd be fine; and that was certainly the case.

We ended up not holding court, but it was good to get out anyway. The weather held for us, and it didn't rain until later in the day. Plus I got myself a real nickname, and ordered a towel with said nickname embroidered on it. This of course, made me the last to pay so now I have to wrap them. Oh well.

Since you're gonna ask, my nickname is "The Judge" and my towel is embroidered with "Judge Sunshiny Ass", stemming from the aforementioned nickname and my habit of pointing out when the sun feels good on my ass. After a long run in the woods (in the blistering cold, often) the sun will peek out just enough to warm the ol' glutes and I like to point it out. Blessed is the sun that warms my patoot!

After the run, I ate a bowl of cereal and crashed HARD. I slept for a few hours then did some work on my basement cabinets. Al-most-there. Then I baked a cake. Chocolate with chocolate frosting. Mmm MMM bitch. Oh yeah, then I went out to eat and took a two hour tour of Berkshire County in search of something to friggin' do. We ended up shooting pool in Dalton, sweet.

Sunday I awoke for the Mother's Day run (sans mothers, who were all at a race). It was raining quite a bit but I forced myself up, out of bed, into some gear, all the way to BCC (Berkshire Community College) for what promised to be a long run.

Only one other guy showed, so we bagged the run. The weather was just too crummy. I went home, pounded a few pieces of cake, threw on a movie and passed the eff out. I awoke hours later, had some cake, finished up the construction of the cabinets and gave my mom a call. Ahh, what a good son. I poured myself a bowl of cereal in the biggest Pyrex bowl I have (think of the movie Friday) that finished the milk (think again of the movie Friday, it was exactly like that).

Then, I fell asleep.

I awoke around 9:00PM, got up from the recliner, brushed my teeth and went to bed. I was in bed by 9:30 and still couldn't get to work before 8:00 Monday morning. Damn I was beat.

Well, that's it for the weekend. I'm gonna give you another slice of my life in a bit but I have some work to do before that. I have my meeting with the building inspector tomorrow morning and want to have all of my paperwork in order before I go to bed. Hopefully it won't take very long, cuz I just want to reblog and relax.

Egg salad in my belly,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre