Monday, May 01, 2006

It's May Day

Happy May Day everyone! It's another beautiful day here in the Berkshires. I'm pretty sure I'm taking the afternoon off, probably to ride my bike. I could do a little work around the yard, perhaps burn some of the branches in my yard so we'll see what strikes my fancy.

Yesterday during my run, I think I did something to my knee. It hurts to lift my leg to step over things or walk up/down stairs. It's really a strange injury, I've never had one like this before. As I was cleaning the garage yesterday it was very noticeable every time I had to step over something or walk up to the backyard with some more burning material. Meh, it seems to be healing today so I won't worry about it.

Which brings me to my next point. The guy behind me was BURNING yesterday. Holy cow, he had his log splitter going half the day and his burning pile going the whole day. When he splits, he throws the scrap into the fire. Inevitably it's the wet bark or knuckly pieces that go into the fire, so he had a powerful smolder going from about 9:00 AM until almost 8:00 PM. I'm all about fires and don't usually mind, but he was smoking out the neighborhood something fierce. If it's burning my eyes all the way in the front yard (or in my garage), it's too smoky.

Last night I made the mistake of baking some cookies while I was waiting for my dinner to come off the grill. All told, I think I had about half a dozen of them, which was about 1/4 of the batch. A little mathematical wizardry and I can tell you that equates to 1/2 of a stick of butter. DAMN! I brought some in today to give away, but not many. I guess tomorrow I'll have to bring in the rest. They're oh so good, but maybe a little too good.

Yesterday, I was out working in the yard/washing my car in a wife-beater style shirt. After a little bit, it felt like I might be working on a decent burn, so I went in to put on some sunscreen. The sunscreen I have is from my trip to Jamaica, and everytime I smell it that's all I can think of. What a great trip; I need a vacation.

Okay, lunch is just about over here, so I'm gonna get moving. I only hope it's nice enough out there to get my bike ride on a little later. I'll holler at y'all tomorrow, in the meantime get out and enjoy that sunshine.

Over and out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre