Wednesday, January 03, 2007

That's One Fine Doorman

Sup, y'all. It was brought to my attention that maybe all of you don't get or read Berkshire Living magazine. In light of this, I have searched high and low for electronic copies of my doorman pictures.

For those of you who may not remember, I had a doorman gig a few months back. I was working the door for an Alzheimer's benefit event. Once the doorman part was over, I was free to enjoy all of the same perks as those who had donated: fancy hors d'ouvres (sp?), a show at the Barrington Stage Co., fancy chocolates and coffee at a fine local eatery (Spice).

Anywho, here are the pictures...

The first is a picture of my cohort Brian and I right after we finished holding the doors. If you don't know, that's me on the left. Can you tell that the jacket is 14 sizes too big? Seriously, when it comes to coats I wear a 40 and it's a 54. The thing was humANGous.


The second shot is, well, pretty much the same thing only it looks better. It's also the picture used in the paper and presumably in Berkshire Living magazine. Ahh, a celebrity is born.



Well, that's it for now. I hope you've enjoyed this installment of the Old Coot Blog.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

3 comments:

RackmanT said...

Nice matching tie. Where are your white gloves? The outfit really requires some Mickey Mouse Mittens.

Todd said...

I had some, but I took them off when I got inside to warm up my fingers. Insulation works both ways, and the fastest way to warm up inside is to take off dem gloves.

I would have worn the mickey mouse gloves, but the lady in charge made us use the supplied uniform.

Also, the ties don't match. Mine is black, his is multicolored. I'm way more professional when it comes to holding doors open.

Abbey said...

Toddsy,

Thanks for the pictures, that made my afternoon.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre