Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Old Coot Chillin at Start of Desert Race

Apparently it's not always warm in the desert. Sometimes (like every time I go to AZ) there are record lows, citrus dies on the trees, pipes freeze and so on. The trip a week and a half ago was no exception.

This picture was taken by one of my many hosts. In it, you can see that everyone is bundled up (it was 29 degrees F). I'm busy acquiring a satellite lock on my GPS watch, hence the wack pose.

The headband was a new addition to my running arsenal. I traveled, and stayed, with many the Jew, and was deputized as an honorary Jew for the weekend. The back of the headband had the words "Team Schwartz" written in puffy paint; everyone on the team was wearing one. Mine had the team name in the back so people would know who was passing them.

One last thing, doesn't the A-Beard look fantastic? I mean really, that is one damn fine arrangement of facial hair. Oh, and I think the lady in the green hat is checking out the old A-Caboose.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Lady in Green: "Schwartz, eh... Those Jews sure know how to stuff a trunk!"

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre