Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Playing with My New Toys

Happy Hump Day! Like last week, it's really not Hump Day for me because I am, once again, not working a full week. It's been so nice to work short weeks every week since some time in December. This is a long week for us at the old paperwork factory, as it's the 44 hour week in our 9/80 schedule. Thank God I took Monday off or I never would have made it. I'd also like to have Friday off, but I think I'll be a good boy and finish out the week.


The Doors

As you may recall, I started painting some doors last week, only to determine it was far too much work to finish without buying myself a new toy. Well folks, that new toy is out for delivery on a UPS truck as I type. If all goes well, I'll be playing with my new HVLP Conversion Gun TO-night. Don't those words just flow off your tongue? Say it with me: HVLP Conversion Gun. Ahhh.

In order to do a good job with the doors, I'm going to spend tonight (hopefully) setting up a makeshift paint booth in my garage. It'll need to be simple enough that I can either break it down when I'm done so I can get the car in and out, or just pull the car in afterwards. I'm not going to have my garage back out of commission again, on the real.

Once the booth-ah is all set up, I'll take a few practice swipes with the gun on a sheet of plywood or some cardboard to get the hang of it and get it set up for the kind of paint I'll be using. After that, I'll probably try it out on one of my many spare doors I have tucked away in a corner of the basement before unleashing it on the fleet of doors to be painted.


Heating Pad, Work Your Magic

I decided that I should take an active approach towards the healing of my leg/butt pain. Last night I applied a heating pad to the area of concern as well as my lower back just in case it's sciatica (caused by the lower back). Plus a heating pad on the back is just a lovely way to spend an evening. I had a fire going and heat applied to my leg/butt/back, life was swell.

Just to make it even better, I cracked open a new tube of toothpaste last night too. I love opening new toothpaste; for some reason it seems like it works better than the end of the last tube.


Bluetooth Headset Report

Last night I called my folks using my new Bluetooth headset, and it worked pretty well. There was an occasional hiss of static, but certainly nothing worth mentioning. Since I just mentioned it, I guess it is worth mentioning but not in a negative, complaining tone. The next test is in the car.


Mortgage Report

Okay, I had another round of paperwork to sign and send back to the bank, which I mailed off today. I don't remember this much paperwork before getting to the signing last time, but that was years ago and I was much more hands off that time. I was assured that this was the last thing I had to do before the ultimate two-hour signature bonanza. All that's left to do is wait (and pray) for the return of the deed from my soon-to-be-former co-owner.

As promised, I'll keep you posted.


Well, I guess that's about it. I told you everything you need to know to be able to consider yourself up to date on the details of my life.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Abbey said...

There's nothing like a new tube of toothpaste, its unblemished form, easy squirting compared to the scraping and mashing of the old tube. There's only one thing that tops it for me: a new jar of peanut butter.

WV: rdrltrmo I don't know what it means, but I think it's the longest and trickiest ever.

Anonymous said...

I had to go here to figure out what the difference between the bleeder and non-bleeder setup was. Good idea setting up the booth in the garage; I've heard of people using these things outside and covering their neighbors car in a fine mist of paint picked up by the wind.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre