Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Okay folks, it looks like I might be back into blogging. I've been trying my damndest to think in blogthought, as in paying closer attention to the little things that give my blog world that little something extra. I have a few more tidbits for you tonight, as well as some pictures I took outside. By the way, JC, I need my tripod back when you get a chance. I should have grabbed it when I was at your house, but I was so hopped up on snacks and swine that I just plain forgot.


Stuck it to the Dentist

Since I was on the lam for a while, I don't even know if I told you about my trip to the dentist. I had a few cavities after all of these years, but the hygienist told me my teeth were in excellent shape. As a matter of fack (yes, fack) she said they were as clean as any teeth she sees biannually. Word up!

Anyway, I got my bill the other month and they charged me for the fancy white, cosmetic fillings reserved for front teeth. Of course the insurance company doesn't cover shit like that for molars, and I was delivered a whopping bill. Far be it from me to complain, but I told myself that if someone was going to pay me a few hundred dollars to make a phone call I would do it without question, and I called. Sho nuff it was their mistake and they're resubmitting it to the insurance company. PlacaTAN!

I wouldn't say I stuck it to the dentist, I just got my bill fixed. For me, that's a huge deal.


Now Gimme My Specs

Next on the agenda was my long overdue glasses. I ordered them shits last year and still had not heard a peep about them. I rang my friendly neighborhood optometrist and sho nuff they had them at the office. I swooped down on that place like Pterodactyls on live Pterodactyl prey. After quick fitting I am looking good. Let me tell you, I like these new spectacles. They prompted me to buy new pants.


The Mighty Mos Def

This past weekend I heard about that new new Mos Def album. A true fan, I decided I needed to pick that joint up with the promptness. I grabbed it today at Best Buy (I know, I hate that place too) and let me tell you a little something about it. You need to hit me up for a bootleg, or better yet spend the $13 and get it yourself! While some of his more recent stuff has been a hair on the wack side, this is that true Mos Def ish I love to hear. There are some tracks that literally made me get up and dance.

The album comes in a flimsy plastic jewel case, the kind I would use if I had to pay for jewel cases for my own alba (plural of album). Fortunately, I have yet to record an album so that hasn't been an issue yet. It also came sans book and sans flair. It's a CD in a case, that's it! Even the plastic wrapping on the outside that usually requires an act of God to open was more like a cheap sandwich bag. In my opinion, that's very conscientious of Mr. Def since Mos people just rip it to their iPod and put the CD in a box somewhere. Less waste makes the world a better place. Thanks a lot, Mos Def!


The View from My Side Door

I tried taking some pictures of this cool streetlight behind a big tree the other night when it was mad foggy, but the pictures came out crummy. Tonight I went back out again and tried to use the Shutter Speed Priority setting and what would you know, they came out alright. This might be my new thing for a little while (JC, this is why I need the tripod back).

And PLEASE, before you just disregard these pictures, click on them (and then the All Sizes zoom icon) for the full size version. I scaled them down so that the page would load better, but they look much worse than the originals.

I took the first of these with the shutter open for two seconds. I waited in the cold for a car to go by, away from me, for that cool tail light effect. From the amount of light the camera captured, you'd never know how dark it really was out there. Even with the streetlight it doesn't look that bright to the naked eye.

Two Seconds

The second picture was taken with the shutter open for one second. For effect, I saturated the colors of the second one in Picasa. Oh, that light blue orb at the top is the moon. Enjoy!

One Second at Night - Saturated


Well, that's it for tonight. I hope to drum up some more hot shit for you tomorrow.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Hooray, you're back! Now I have something to look forward to in the mornings! (Even though it's now 5pm. ..)

WV: ikvhik. I don't know, but it's got to be good for something.

Todd said...

I don't seem to get WVs on my own blog, but I'll comment on yours...

ikvhik - Icky Vehik as in "I parked too close to them muhnkey cages and now I gots me uh ikvhik."

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre