Thursday, July 20, 2006

Midweek Recap, Coot Style

Good evening Cootviewers. Life's been hectic lately, so I've been a little remiss in my postings. And by remiss, I think I may have missed one day. But don't get to thinking that I've been holed up in a cave or hiding out in the basement, because I have not. In fact, it's been quite the opposite.

This past week has been a warm one. Add to that a few tablespoons of mug and you have a recipe for sweating. Monday I was bummed to find that I couldn't get out to run, so Tuesday morning I got up and went out before work. I think you've heard about that. I did the same on Wednesday, but shortened the route to roughly 5 miles. I was planning on running the first Live on the Lake (LotL) Race Series race that evening, so I didn't want to overdo it. The last time I went with my heart instead of my head I almost ended up with some serious health issues. I was seeing spots that turned into damn near complete loss of vision. No thanks, I'll just take it a little easier.

Wednesday night was the race. As usual, I was good and nervous beforehand. Had I been able to show up with someone else, I probably would have been okay but arriving alone can make me uneasy. I knew I'd know other people there, but still. I ended up (have a seat) finishing 4th overall and 2nd in my age group, with a pace of 7:12 (minutes per mile). WHAT! Sure, there weren't a lot of people there but I whooped some ass. The third place guy was within range, but I was running with CPG and didn't want to lose any valuable chatting-up time there. I did smoke her at the end because I figured I'd only get one chance in my life to go on record with a better time than her (she's fast). Ahhh, and it'll be in the local paper. Me, my name in print with real race times and all. Score! I'll try to get it electronically for you folks.

The 'COWs were supposed to show up at LotL with a chair for me, but the po-pos weren't letting cars anywhere near the event after a certain time, so they bailed and hit up a friendly neighborhood (owners out of town) pool. Being the sweaty, nasty, stank mess that I was, I joined. Ahhh, swimming. After the race I had about a half gallon of water and watered-down Gatorade and peed only once before bed. Dag.

I'd also like to point out that CPG bought me ice cream after the race. Hmmm, perhaps not a dead end there afterall. Or, just being nice. Who knows. It might have been that I wore my sexiest shorts and new orange tank-style shirt. They actually had to airlift 29 girls out of LotL all with broken necks from a simultaneous rubbernecking accident caused by me showing up. Not to be politically incorrect, but the Old Coot isn't trying to get with a quadraplegic so all those girls are now off my radar. Just tragic.


Faux Engaged Girl Update

I saw that girl who's been pretending to be engaged for the last 3 years at LotL. She was once again with only girls (and some babies), sans a man. I think I saw a ring, but she had the liggity left hand on the down low. This doesn't prove anything, but it shows that she's still around and has yet to be seen with a dude. Plus she's easy on the eyes, so I don't mind checking for her.


Tonight I had the Thursday Night Run which was fantastic once again. I started off strong, but once the fast guys went ahead I slowed it down. I have Matty's Run tomorrow night, so I wanted to leave a little gas in the tank for that. I've also been really running a lot this week and there's no need to end up injured. That would suck.

We dined at The Heritage in Lenox afterwards, a fantastic place to eat. The service is slow, but it's nice there. Some time I would like to sit outside, but tonight it was full up out there. Meh it was still good times, good folks, good food.

Well folks, I know most of you like to hear about better stuff than running, but that's all I got for now. I would like to say that our publicist has been more than happy with the feedback we're getting on "The Cranky Corner®". It seems like an oxymoron to thank the readers for their compliments on the negative section of this publication, but Thanks. You'll be seeing more CrankinessTM in the future.

I have some thoughts on how I plan on promoting The Cranky Corner®, which I'll be unveiling in the days to come. I'm not sure how big of a can of worms I'm willing to open, so I need to marinate on it a little before I bust out the can opener. Prepare yourselves.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

4 comments:

RackmanT said...

Woot! Just checking my new profile pic

Abbey said...

Congratulations on that race! What a star!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre