Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Comic Nerds Be Gone

Last week or so I mentioned that I've been getting a lot of hits on this here blog due to my use of an Invisible Woman picture. Apparently that was just the tip of the iceberg.


I May Have to Add Ads

I checked with my Sitemeter counter and depending on the day I'm getting 30-40% of my referrals from Google Image searches for the stupid picture in this entry. I have been resistant to put ads on my blog because, well, I hate ads. But if I'm going to be getting this much traffic from pizza faced basement dwellers I might as well make a buck off of them. I'm going to look into the Google advertisements to see if it's worth the trouble. Last I checked I think I stood to earn about $0.00 per year.


Ad Update

Nope, doesn't look like Adsense would pay off for me. People claim you need thousands of distinct visitors to your site daily to really make any money, not tens of visitors. I wouldn't be trying to make a living off of it, but for $100 a year it might be worth it. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.





Over and Out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Abbey said...

How about you go "Slayer" with your blog and put your entries in print. Then you could sell them around the office for 25 cents a pop. I'm sure there are folks who would be willing to contribute a monthly article to the endeavor.

Todd said...

Hmm, that sounds like a lot of work. Maybe I'll just continue to make fun of the geeks because they only go to one entry to drool over the picture of The Invisible Woman. They probably have no idea that there are even more posts to read, and if they found out I was making fun of them they wouldn't even get it. Geeks.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre