Monday, August 20, 2007

With The Speed of Free Delivery

Not much here but a little ranting.


When Free Shipping Backfires

I'm a junkie for buying stuff on the internet. Of course when tempted with the prospect of free shipping I can hardly resist. Lately, I bought a number of items from Amazon which qualified me for free shipping. In the past, I've been tempted to pay anyway so that I wouldn't have to wait, only to cheap out and be pleasantly surprised to find my merchandise on my porch within a few days.

My latest purchase was shipped via USPS on August 13th, and keep in mind that today is August 20th when you read the quote below. For those of you who don't know, I'm about an hour from Springfield, MA.

Your item was processed and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on August 14, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.


So someone somewhere is probably listening to my new CDs before they drop them off with me. Either that or they made the mailman walk to Springfield and back to pick it up and deliver it.


Invisible Woman Fans

If you haven't noticed, I use a little service called SiteMeter to keep track of my visitors. It tells me lots of useless information that I sometimes use to try and figure out which visitor is which. It's basically not enough info to figure anything out.

However, one of the best features is the Referral data. This tells me where a visitor found my site. Often, it's blank (you typed it in or used a bookmark), but recently I've been getting a lot of hits due to an old post where I included a picture of The Invisible Woman. Apparently a lot of people are very interested in her, and have tracked her to my site.

Sorry, if you're here looking for more pics of her, you're going to leave empty handed. Besides I think I hear your mother calling you for dinner, Poindexter.




Over and Out,
Old Coot

3 comments:

RackmanT said...

Dude, if you are going to talk about a previous entry, you need to link to it. I have no idea what the invisible woman is. Argh!!!

Anonymous said...

She was HOT if I recall

Todd said...

She was wicked hot.

Unfortunately she had a little too much emotional baggage and it just didn't work out. We're still friends, though.

You can read about her here: http://oldcootblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/to-all-babys-mamas.html

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre