Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Earning Their Keep

Many of you have probably heard me say that my cats are lazy and are non-contributors to the household. While I was away on vacay, my cat sitter informed me that they had caught a mouse. Of course they have about a dozen toy mice all over the house so I figured she was joking. I figured wrong...


Lookey Here

When I got home from my run this morning, I saw the cats proudly standing around the remains of a house intruder. I'm not sure if it's a grey mouse or a mole or what. Here's Vinny showing me his kill...

From Earning His Keep


Here he is again, getting ready to toss the poor bastard in the air. I apologize for the crummy pictures, I had to document the kill quickly so I could get the carcass out of the house. I didn't dare let the cats have the time to shred the thing, leaving entrails on my rug.



Fortunately I had eaten California Rolls for dinner the other night, and I used the chopsticks to pick up the mouse and place him onto the Cali Roll container for proper burial. I buried the little guy in the back yard, with a brief moment of silence in his memory.


That's all.


Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

So, wait, is this a second creature? And where are they coming from?

In a related story, Coopie and Sharkie had a mouse in the backyard yesterday. Poor thing. It was still, but not a carcass yet.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre