Sunday, February 19, 2006

I Only Had to Use My AK a Little

Saturday was a good day, fine readers. It all began around 6:45 AM when my alarm clock went off. Joy of joys, an alarm clock on Saturday morning. Then, as I look outside into the blowing wind and freezing cold I thinks to myself "I'm about to get out of my multi-blanketed bed, dress in thin clothes, drive out to Lanesboro to run in the woods with people who have also forsaken their warm beds for this cold, torturous activity".

I found the meeting spot, this dude's house. They tried to cover the mailbox with a piece of plywood so that I wouldn't see the house number, but I found it anyways. It was a joyous run, despite the numb ass and "bits". As I was bounding down the mountain on the return trip I thought to meself "If you told me a few months ago that I'd be running full speed down a mountain in the middle of February, dressed in Spandex, I would have told you you were crazy". But there I was, and it was good times.

Then, we ate omelets, drank coffee and made plans for a Sunday AM run (where it would be colder, but less windy). Also good times. Ah, but before breakfast I ran over a driveway marker and may have jacked up the G-ride. Not good times.

Once at home I cleaned up the bathroom, cleaned up myself, cleaned some in the kitchen and snoozed a little. Then my new camera arrived. I bought it at www.buydig.com and it was well worth it. I placed my order Thursday night and it arrived here Saturday morning. How sweet is that? I promptly went to WalFart to buy a camera case, some rechargeable batteries and Fantastic(TM) all purpose cleaner.

I pulled the pictures of the kitchen project off the roomie's camera and I'm going to try and post a few, in whose glory I expect you shall bask.

The first is a picture taken shortly after the first cabinet came down. As you can see, I had to consult the home improvement book ASAP. Since nothing ever works to plan (which I make room for in the plan), we've already hit a snag...



The next picture was our multifaceted attempt to find out what was in the wall. Lesson learned? Of course there was a lesson here. Don't probe walls with a drill, you could have anything in there. Heating duct anyone?

Okay, it's now Tuesday and I'm never going to get this posted if I don't give up on the pics. I've been having mega trouble inserting them into this blog, so until I get that figured out, you'll have to use your imagination.

Once I get the pic thing figured out, I'll be a-posting some more.

Over and out,

Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre