Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sorry for My Grammar

Good morning fans of the Coot. I'm wicked tired after a long night of hard blogging. If you haven't read last night's post, you should just so you can appreciate how tired I am.

When I sat down to write last night, my plan was to cover the kayak trip where I saw the field of water lilies and the Great Blue Heron (thanks JC for the correction). After cleaning up my pictures, editing them, uploading them to flickr, renaming them and adding descriptions, I realized that there was more to my weekend than just a Saturday morning paddle. In an attempt to capture everything I did this weekend I hurriedly typed everything in as quickly as I could, proofread it quickly and posted it.

Here are my issus with that. For one, I had the whole crane/heron misunderstanding that I need to go back and correct EVERYWHERE. I renamed the pictures on my PC with 'Crane' in the titles, uploaded and renamed the pictures with 'Crane' in the titles, and talked all about it in my blog calling it a 'Crane'. I'm not going to fix the blog; this is my correction here. But I will at least fix the names on my PC and flickr account.

For two, when I reread my posting last night it sounded like a third grader wrote it. Man, there was no flow to the stories and some of the sentences sounded like something a snaggle-toothed yahoo would spew.

Well, that's all I have for this morning. I have to get to work here; yet another busy day ahead.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

And now if you take out "Crane", the "Craning My Neck" title doesn't work.
"Heroning My Neck"?

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre