Saturday, August 19, 2006

Do I Hear Wedding Bells?

Is that wedding bells I hear? Oh no, it's just the ringing in my ears. I was however, at a wedding yesterday and I would say that good times were certainly had.

The wedding yesterday was the first one I've ever been in, and the first one I've stayed (sober) at long enough to see all of the "activities". I won't bore you all with the details, especially since 80% of my readership was there but let it suffice to say that it was a wonderful wedding. The weather was beautiful, the bride was only a little late (as to be expected), most people made it to the ceremony without getting lost and MOST importantly it was quick and to the point. In short, HECOW has officially earned the 'H' at the beginning of his nickname (Husband of ECOW). And ECOW was neither excitable nor cracked-out, but rather quite the beautiful bride.

The reception was - as many aren't - fantastic. While I'd like to be able to take credit for everyone's good time I'd say that honor really lies with the DJ and Bizarro Todd (except for Mr. and Mrs. HECOW, who put the whole thing together). As it turns out I never really could dance, I was always just a drunk white guy. Hmmm, soberly watching others do what you used to do really drives that point home. Anyway, I wish I had a link to put in here for the DJ because I would certainly recommend him to anyone and everyone looking to throw a killer shindig. If you're uptight and snooty you might not enjoy his performance, but for those of us who like to enjoy ourselves he was perfect. Games, hats, a conga line, the works.

Then there was Bizarro Todd who I have yet to see not be the life of the party. Granted, in the formal environment of a wedding he held back a little. There was no wrestling (maybe just one little match, but those was others), no funneling and he even managed to keep his shirt on. Kudos man, kudos. Dawn, if you read this you should know that contrary to his declaration of love to me, there's nothing going on between us. I would keep my eye on that Russ character though, those two were awfully close on the dance floor. Awfully close.

Okay, it's time for this guy to have some breakfast. Congratulations again to the newlyweds Mr. and Mrs. HECOW. I hope you enjoy your honeymoon cruise and the next five or so decades together. That's two and a half score, half of a century. I hope you're ready for all of that :) Just kidding, you two will be A-OK.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Good post. And I wasn't even there. Nor do I know the participants. But I feel like I was and do. Not really. But I still enjoyed it. As much as I could have without having been there.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre