Saturday, August 12, 2006

Da-aa-ang

Yo homebizzles and homegizzles, if you aren't me then you missed a fantastic day. It all started with a run in Richmond. I almost brought my camera but that would have really cramped my style and made for an awkward run. One day I think I'll ride my bike out there and snap some hot foh-tohs. After the run was a bagel, a coffee refresh then off to Goose Pond in Lee, MA. Once again, DANG!

Okay, that's all I have to say about today's activities. Other than to tell you that it felt like the equivalent of two days. PlacaTAN! Tomorrow morning I have another biathlon (5 mile kayak then 36 mile bike) planned with some more folks. This is Josh Billings training season, everyone is out getting his/her crosstrain on. That's how we roll out here Western Ma-usss. Which reminds me, I did a practice paddle at the kayak/canoe course the other day and timed myself. It took 1:03 (one hour, three minutes) to complete the whole route and I was a bit ashamed to tell my teammates. I thought 1:00 was for slow, old people and I should finish in 45 minutes. As it turns out, 1:03 is EXCELLENT. Granted, it was pretty close to ideal conditions but still. The Pretty Boys are funna represent, bitches.

Tonight, while I was making dinner I came across a wonderous treat left here by my sister. I figured that in the spirit of the day I should get my crunk on, and get my crunk on I did. WAIT! Before anyone hops on the phone and lays into me for falling off the wagon, see the picture below. Damn, y'all are hotheaded mother bitches.



For dinner I had pasta with homemade sauce. This time I actually took the time to simmadonna the sauce (simmer down). It thickened up the sauce much better than usual and helped to get all of the flavors out of the ingredients. Before I disturbed the bowl I thought I'd take a picture. This is the whole box of pasta with sauce in a family-style serving bowl. You can see my mobile in the background for scale. I know, I know, there's no reason to put it into a serving bowl only to take my one serving out and then transfer the rest into tupperware, but sometimes it's just more fun this way.



You can't really see from the picture, but I cut up big chunks of portobello mushrooms into the sauce. I also added milled flax just in case the fiber fortified pasta wasn't enough. And speaking of the new pasta, y'all should put down your knitting and run to the grocery store immediately. Price Chopper is open 24 hrs a day, you have no excuse. See the link above so you know what the box of Barilla Plus looks like. Oh dag, I just noticed that it already has ground flaxseed; I'll be having meself a pleasant experience later!

Okay players, I must bid you adieu. I have to tend to my launderings and vacuum the house. This place is a sty, I can't take it anymore.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Todd said...

P.S. I stole the whole reference to "getting crunked" from my sister. You know what they say, Ab; mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery.

Abbey said...

And coming from you, doubly so! I was thinking about that Crunk bar just yesterday... I'm glad you enjoyed it.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre