Thursday, March 23, 2006

Target is letting me down

I'm working on my blog motivation these days, trying to keep this puppy alive and well. Yesterday, I received my first comment from someone I don't know personally. It was great, and it tells me that I'm worthy of being e-stalked, plus it adds to my blogivation. Any more lurkers out there?

Well, nothing more has changed since yesterday so I'm going to use this entry as a soapbox from which I will voice my complaints with the new Target store that finally opened. Yes, we have a Target, and yes it seems to be pretty nice. I was afraid it would be ghetto like every other store we get (ahem, Home Depot). However, I've been there twice this week in a fruitless search for a pair of bedside tables. I found one I liked, but they only had one. I found another that I liked, again they only had one. The real kick in the balls is that the first one (that I liked the most) was on sale and included a $20 gift card if you buy two. Of course, they cover their ass on that one by only having one in stock. DAMN!

So I left the store empty-handed. I was also going to buy a cat grooming set to cut my cats' nails, but I didn't like it that much and I was pissed about the table situation. They didn't sell just the scissors either, you had to buy the set. Here's my beef on the grooming set: who the hell needs a whole set to cut their cat's nails? It came with a chintsy cutter and a file, as if cats enjoy getting their nails did and would sit still while you file them. The price was right, but I didn't get it out of principle.

Well, it's one day closer to the weekend so I'm trying to get my spirits lifted. I have my Oat Bran concoction here, a hot coffe and some drawings to review. Life doesn't get much better than this. I'm finally going to get back out with the running crew tonight, so that's a bonus. I may even try running with The Fast Group if The Crazy Group isn't going out. The Fast Group is, as their name implies, fast. They also run roads, of which I'm not uber fond these days. But they're also fun and their run begins and ends at a restaurant where I think everyone has dinner. How fun!

So that's all I have to say about that. Drop me a comment if you're so inclined, perhaps a name suggestion for the Silver Soob (my car, if you don't already know). So far, Tinsel Wagon is the front runner but it's a little fruity if you know what I mean.

Over and out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't everyone deserve at least one e-stalker???

Anonymous said...

1. Not to get all political, except I will, Target had done let me down when they adopted a policy allowing pharmacists the right to refuse to fill women's prescriptions for EC. I can never shop there the same way again, and that is TRAGIC, because what else is there? F-ing Wal-Mart? K-Mart? Any kind of Mart whatsoever? I think not.

2. The Brit clips his cat's nails with a regular-ass toenail clipper. And the cat, he just submits to it, belly up, eyes closed. He probably would enjoy having his claws filed.

3. For your car: how about Lesbaru? I'm just kidding. That's what I call all Subarus.

4. Also, I like how dedicated you are to the Summer of Todd, even though there is still snow on the ground (at least here in Minnie) and more falling out the sky (ditto).

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre