Wednesday, March 01, 2006

THE SUMMER OF TODD is upon us

Sup mangs (and wo-mangs). Today is another fine day in the life of yours truly. The sun is shining, the thermometer has broken back into double digits and I have a piping hot bowl of oat bran in front of me. So piping in fact, that it melted the first spoon I used. But that is neither here nor there.

Last night I made a delicious chocolate cake with delicious chocolate frosting. Both were homemade of course, and I enjoyed a nice fat slice of it aroun 8:00 in the PM (and again around 11:00). Of course, my stomach was unhappy this morning but I'll get by.

But the topic of today's discussion isn't cake and it isn't oat bran. I'm writing to announce that this summer, the summer of '06 is going to be THE SUMMER OF TODD! Yes, Old Coot is a psuedonym; my real name is Todd. I declared back in '01 that that was going to be THE SUMMER OF TODD, and it was in fact a glorious summer. I couldn't have asked for a better summer back then. Since then, the summers have been less than ideal, and I don't like to think that my life peaked at age 22.

Now, after a couple of years of hard work reformatting my life I am ready to start anew. I've put in some real hours redefining myself in all aspects, and I'm going to reap the benefits this summer! Some of the wheels have already been put in motion, and things are starting to fall into place so be prepared. I can't get into the finer details at the moment due to my varied readership, but rest assured good things are coming my way. Even my horoscope has hinted at some very promising developments.

P.S. Nobody tell ECOW or HECOW about the cake. That is on the DL.

Over and out,
Old Coot

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Does the Summer of Todd include a trip to Japan?

Todd said...

I'm gonna have to guess that it won't. The Japan trip is more likely to be next year, as I have two weddings this summer, one of which is in Vegas.

Who knows where I'll be though, maybe Vegas won't be that far of a trip :)

Anonymous said...

That's wrong... Dead wrong and you know it. GIVE ME CAKE BITCH!

Todd said...

For the record, HECOW is trying his damndest to fall off a diet that was working. In an effort to not tempt him, I thought I'd keep the cake on the DL. ECOW or WHECOW (Wife of Husband of ECOW) was kept in the dark so she wasn't eating cake in front of him.

Who blabbed, anyways? In my day you could whisper something onto the internet and it would stay there. Now everyone knows everything.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre