Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm cleanin out my closet

Dear readers, let me tell you that you've been doing a hell of a job lately. [Pat on back] Hell of a job! [/Pat on back]

Yesterday on the way home from work, I took the long cut. I left work early to prime the kitchen, but it was such a nice day I drove around a little. As I passed the little plaza on Williams St., I thought to myself "Self, one day you need to go into that credit union and close out your accounts". I have at least one joint account from when the ex g/f worked there and we were saving for a vacation. Since then, I haven't touched it and all it does is serve as an unwelcome reminder via monthly statements. It's bad enough that the mortgage is still half in her name, but this is something I can easily remedy. So I whipped the car around and went in.

After closing the account withdrawing the remaining $39.46 (which I am not going to share with her), the woman had to ask if we were still together. I shut her up with a quick "No", answering her question and sending the message that I didn't wish to continue with that conversation.

Once I got home, I got to work taking down items from the kitchen walls. I pulled the appliances away from the wall and wiped any food materials from the walls and ceiling. Really, how the hell do you get splatters on the ceiling? This painting project is another part of my "cleaning out my closet" program, since the aformentioned ex picked the color and painted it. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm bitter, I just want to make the place "mine".

While moving things, I came across a few items tucked here and there that don't belong to me. I know they are of sentimental value to their true owner, and since I had also just recently come across said person's Birth Certificate while scouring the place for my own (which I did not find). I felt I should do the right thing and at least make an attempt to return these items. So when I ran to The Home Despot for more primer, I swung by her folk's house to drop the stuff off. You'd think after a couple of years I'd have gotten rid of all this stuff, but I hadn't, and the constant reminders were seriously messing up my chi. How can the SUMMER OF TODD reach its full potential with all the negative chi laying around my estate? I could have junked it all, but A) that's bad kharma, B) I'm too nice of a guy and C) I get along well with her parents and they love when I stop over (is that wrong?).

In short, I feel like I did some real "closet cleaning" last night. I closed out some open action items, primed the kitchen (afirst step towards purging my kitchen of that bad chi), then capped the night with a viewing of "8 Mile" starring my favorite rapper Eminem. Nobody else likes that movie, so when I'm alone I kick back and crank the fucker up.

Then after showering, I walked through the house naked just because I could. It felt very liberating, I think I might do more of it. I apologize now to any neighbors who might have a view of any of my many uncovered windows.

Throwing everything to the wind,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Do not sit on furniture or touch doorknobs (or anything) at Coots pad.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre