Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I got an earful for ya

Fellow Countrymen (and countrywomen) and Othercountrymen (and othercountrywomen), lend me your ears.

Heh heh, that was from some speech by some important guy from a long time ago. I think it was Caeser, but I can't swear to it. What I do remember is in Global Studies (history) - freshman year of highschool - our teacher was reciting that speech and someone (cough, cough, Rick K.) whizzed a rubber ear at her. I didn't like to laugh at Rick's antics, because I found his sense of humor to be too cheap sometimes. He always got the laugh, but it was often the "stupid humor" Since we were two of the 4 new people to the school that year, I felt I was in direct competition for everyone's attention and acceptance, and he was winning it cheaply. But, I stuck to my guns and look at me now - I have my own blog read by upwards of 10 people every week! However, my hat was off to him with that stunt, Rick. It may have been set up, but I'll assume it wasn't and congratulate you.

Wow, that's not where I was planning on going with my blog today. My real story is about my sister (older sister to be exact) who is finalizing her preparations to leave for Japan. She stayed by my house last night to drop her kitties off at Snicky's house (sounds complicated, it isn't) and rest up for the drive to Buffalo.

She had brought the cats into the house and dropped them in the kitchen while she brought the rest of her stuff in. Patti was moaning and hissing and I attempted to calm her while I waited at the door for my sister. I knew the cat wouldn't take travel well, and she's a little rough around the edges when you first meet her, but the hissing was a little much. I turned around to see my two cats peering into her cage. Ooops, my bad.

Enough about cats again.

Well damn, I don't have much else to talk about. I'm currently living vicariously through everyone else's major life changes. My sister's moving to Japan, my roommate Jack Bland is moving to AZ, and everyone else I know is getting married and/or having babies. Where does this leave your humble narrator, you might ask? Free to enjoy the blossoming Summer of Todd. Surrisly, I'm bout to wild out! And below you'll see how...

How I'm fittin' to wild out:



  • Buy a road bike and ride it often (no, not that wild)

  • Regularly cook/bake wearing nothing but an apron (I'll pause while you picture it mentally)

  • Build a front porch (anyone who knows me, knows this is extreme)

  • Build a side porch (the one I have is just so ghetto)

  • Perhaps go skydiving

  • Plant flowers all over the place

  • Get some grass going on the hill next to the driveway

  • Wrap up the rest of my home improvement plans.



Huh, that doesn't sound so wild. Sure, the apron idea is a little wild. I'd try it with barbecueing, but the neighbors might not appreciate it.

Or would they?

Well readers, I'm running out of e-steam here. I'll let you get on with your day.

Over and out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can stalk someone from friendster, to their blog, without leaving some sort of comment.

As someone whose friends are also getting married and having babies-- living vicariously through them is so much better than baby jail.

I had heard of baby jail, but now I have seen it with my own eyes. It is so much nicer to go and see a screaming baby, and then leave.

So enjoy wilding out :-)

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre