Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Damn It!

Good evening Cooterinos. As you know my cat Vinny had a nasty problem with a bad tooth and associated infection. After a few trips to the vet, a few car payments worth of vet bills, a lot of stress and a few weeks of medication and special food he's pretty much on the mend. Now, my attention turns to Nano...


Cover Your Mouth

While I was dealing with Vinny's problems, which took an absurd amount of my time, I paid little attention to my eldest cat Nano. He typically doesn't like a whole lot of attention anyway, but I felt bad nonetheless. The whole time Vinny was sick, they were both sneezing and I figured it was the result of the heat running constantly, blowing dust around and drying out the air. Plus it had been pretty chilly to boot.

Today I came home from work and found Nano asleep on my bed. How he got into the bedroom is another story, but he didn't look like himself. First of all, he wasn't interested in dinner, didn't greet me at the door, and barely awoke when I caught him sleeping. I chalked it up to him trying to enjoy being in the forbidden bedroom until I went downstairs and heard the sneezing fit. I happened to be sitting at my computer at the time so I Googled "Cat Sneezing" and sure enough got plenty of hits.

According to everyone in Google-Land, best case scenario has Nano needing a trip to the vet. Worst case has him needing a trip to the vet, quarantining him in the meantime, and probably a course of antibiotics afterwards. It could be any number of things, but the one common thread was that I should get him in to get checked out ASAP. If I thought it was tough medicating Vinny I can't imagine what Nano will be like. That should be a fun task.


And Then There's Me

If you didn't already know that I'm a junkie you haven't been paying attention. With all of the stress of these life-threatening feline ailments, I've been heavily self-medicating with a little too much of the left-foot, right-foot.

On the surface a little exercise can't hurt, but I've really been taking it to another level. After last night's bender I could barely walk today. I was tempted to go out tonight "to keep the legs loose", but the temptation to stay out for "one last round" would be too much so I stayed in. If anything good comes out of these cats and their medical problems it might be that I find myself in a whole new level of running fitness. Or, I'll be crippled and battling a case of pneumonia.


Send Some Tender Care Waves Nano's Way

I'll probably get to spend my Friday off dealing with vets, further stressing an already stressed cat so if you have a second put some tender thoughts on the airwaves for sick kitty #2.

File Footage of Nano and Me Whistling

Keep your chin up, Nano.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Ah, yes. I remember that photo series. As I recall, it provided plenty o' chuckles.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre