Friday, January 11, 2008

Cat Update, For Bizarro Todd

Bizarro, since I know you're so concerned here's an update. The Battle of the Viruses is going, but not without casualties. Allow me to explain...


Come Here Kitty - Biff Pow Slice

Between work, picking up a new cat carrier courtesy of J&MO and zipping off to my Thursday Night Run, I successfully picked up Nano's second medication from the pharmacy. I'm not sure if I already told you, but they couldn't make it in chicken flavor (Nano's favorite, I'm sure) because the medication is oil based and the chicken flavoring is water based. So the pharmacist (Jean, not Mr. Personality) made the executive decision to substitute cod liver oil. Mmm, mmmmmm bitch! Not knowing exactly what cod liver oil is, I didn't think this would be a problem.

Oh, it is.

Last night I gave Nan-whores his dose of eye goo (second of three daily doses), went to my Thursday Night Run (complete with dinner), then returned home to feed the cats and give Nans his first dose of the new medicine. I shook well as instructed by the label on the bottle and removed the cap. HO-LEE-SHIT, who new cod livers could be so disgusting? I have to give this to my cat twice a day for two weeks? Jesus, mother of Joseph! Based on the smell, I think cod livers are made out of that sludge you find in the bottom of your garbage can that was once filled with maggots but was left in the sun, turning them to maggot goo AKA cod liver oil.

Here kitty, want some maggot goo? I mean "I caught you a delicious bass".


Fast Forward to Today

Today, our Friday off, promises to be worse than non days off. First I have to give Nan-whores his first round of eye goo and a syringeful of delicious bass (but not at the same time, of course), then rush off to get my car inspected, then head to work for a few hours, then home for round two of the eye goo. If I can stand to subject the poor guy to more punishment "for his own good", I'd like to trim his nails. But that's more for my own good. He's been tearing me up every time I try to medicate him.

My car passed its inspection.


Friday Night Pub Run

Last night Junkie Dan couldn't make the Thursday Night Run because his doctor, another doctor, a nurse, a former dental hygienist, and the ghost of Mother Theresa suggested he not go. It's not because he's been overdoing it (which he has) but because he would have gone directly from major oral surgery to the run. Instead, he's organizing the Friday Night Pub Run on the same route that we ran last night. I love me that route, so I'll probably go. Maybe under the ill advice of Junkie Dan I'll run it twice.

My weather doohickey on my computer says it'll be 44, windy and rainy tonight - just perfect for an easy 12.5 miler.


Boo Yeah

I'll have to get a picture for you folks so you can all be jealous, but yesterday I got my LIVESTRONG (Lance Armstrong Foundation) socks. I ordered yellow, but they were out of stock so they changed my order to white, but when I opened the package I found the socks inside to be yellow. Cha-ching. If you aren't a running / cycling junkie you won't understand, but that kind of thing matters.


Over and Out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre