Sunday, November 12, 2006

XX and XXX

Yo, Cootakinte coming at you live from P-field. Today was a long, dreary one bookended in rain. I made do as best as I could, which seemed to be pretty damned good.


XX

After yesterday's grueling half marathon (Half Mary or HM), I thought today would be a good day to rest and catch up on some home-makery. That idea lasted about five minutes and I was already involved with playing with my new watch and the assorted analysis software programs I have. Cool shit I tell you, cool shit.

Then came the moment I was waiting for, the call (text message) to go run some more. As if 13.1 miles (plus 0.5 miles) wasn't enough yesterday I was gearing up for another 9 today. It didn't work out to exactly 9, but we did get a good 7.1 in. I know it was 7.1 because my watch told me so.

Whatever it was, I rounded 20 miles for the second weekend in a row (XX miles).

We hit the hills of Lanesboro, home of Mount Greylock, but not on the trails. The roads were hilly and my legs were great. I don't know where this all came from, but the hills have nothing on me. When others were winded and faltering, I was sprinting up with little effort. WHAT!


XXX

Oh, and today's run was in full RRF dress: 3XL Tighty Whiteys. We have some pictures of the four of us in our man panties, but they're on other people's camera phones so I can't share them until they are sent to me via electronic-m. I was the only one brave enough to carry out the entire run in my hefty sized briefs, and was glad to have done it. One lady used the wang maze as a handwarmer; classic.

They drooped, sagged and generally looked terrible and it was awesome. If I hadn't been wearing a white shirt the look would have been more apparent to passersby, but instead it looked more like a long white shirt. Blast!

Afterwards, I ate half of a large pizza from Liberty Pizza. It's delish, I'll be dining on it tomorrow too. PlacaTAN I tell you. PlacaTAN indeed.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

No comments:

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre