Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Another Leaf on the Tree

Hey y'alls why don't you gather around Old Coot and let him spin you a yarn. Okay kids, here we go...

Actually I don't have a whole lot to share with you guys today. My sister remound me of one thing that I had been overlooking. My uncle, at the young and tender age of 60-something, had a baby boy the other day. Okay, his wife (my aunt) had a hand in it, but he's the blood relative. Actually, I've never met his wife as they met and live in Honduras. But the gist of it is that I have a new cousin named ElĂ­as Daniel (surname removed to protect the innocent).

I have a strange family. This same uncle has two grown chilluns here in the States, one of who has a child of his own. That means my cousin's kid has an uncle younger than him. That's just how we roll!

Nobody out here will get this, but Ab you know how the song goes "Elias, Elias, Elias to the taste of it, Diiiettt Coke". And Mom, I don't want to hear squat about grandbabies, I have 40 more years to get started! If you don't like example your brother is setting, take it up with him.

That's all I got. I gotta get my g-rage cleaned up so I can get the A-ride back in there. Gotta proteck that Tinsel Wagon from the elements, yo.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to ruin your story, but our tio is still only in his 50s. Remember, he's younger than Mom.
Also, you just teased me with promises of a yarn, and then told me something I already know. But thanks for sharing. :-)
-Abbey, Abbey, Abbey to the taste of it, Diiiiet Coke.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre