Wednesday, November 22, 2006

So .... Bored

Hey y'alls, this is just a quick shoutout to say what's up before I head out to lunch. As my mother's favorite child, I was asked to join her for lunch today in what I assume is her chance to once again showcase her wonderful son. My older sister apparently didn't have time in her busy schedule to return to the Homeland (AKA Buffalo) for Thanksgiving so I'm shouldering all of the offspring duties. Sorry Ab, more brownie points for yours truly. I think after lunch we're going to see the lawyer about changing everyone's will to make me the sole beneficiary.

Okay, I didn't get this written before I went to lunch so I'm finishing up now. Lunch was fun, I got to meet all the people with whom my mother works, then I ate a free lunch. Plapow! Then to make things even better a medical student hit on me right in front of my mother. Well, she asked how to sign up for the Turkey Trot (I'm already sporting the shirt, thank you very much) which I obviously interpreted as hitting on me. With the powerfulness of my beard I don't blame her. This thing is almost two weeks in the making and I've already had to pull a bird out of it.

Well, maybe it wasn't a bird but it easily could have been.

On the verge of full boredom, I'm sitting here trying to decide whether I should read a book and nap or go see a movie. I want to see that Borgat movie, but seeing that by myself somehow seems a little too lame. I'm not sure what movie would be less lame, but that one certainly could be.


Ha Ha, Nerd!

OH MAN, my cousin was showing me pictures that she took and there was one of this nerdy teacher at her school. Upon closer inspection it was my friend Aaron from the old neighborhood. Our dogs used to play together before they both went down in the struggle. What makes it funny is that I'm sure he doesn't think his students think he's nerdy. He's a real playboy and probably feels that it carries over to school. Ha ha, NERD. Aaron, you're a nerd.

She did mention that most of the girls are in love with him, which makes sense; that's how Aaron rolls.


NEWS FLASH: Alright, I just checked the showtimes at the closest theater and I'd have to wait until dinner time to see anything good. I guess that settles that. Now I'm officially bored. Coming back to Buffalo used to be so exciting, but now that I don't have any friends left who live here year round, it's not so exciting. I usually just head out and walk down Elmwood, but I'm not feeling that today. The sun is shining and it's warm out, but something is telling me to just stay home and chill. I guess that's the plan.

Okay, I got nothing else fo ya.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was probably some leftover chili you were pulling out of your beard. Although I have to admit, I've been to lunch with Mom NUMEROUS times, yet I've never been hit on even by an orderly. Maybe it's time to let the beard grow in...

Todd said...

Word, that bizeard is coming in THICK. It's big pimpin if I do say so myself.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre