Friday, July 20, 2007

Lord I Was Born a Travelin' Man

Today's the day. I have most of my stuff packed, arrangements have been made for the kittens, I test drove my new ATM card, and I even know where to park at the airport. From what I hear, Economy Lot E is the place to BE!


First Class All the Way

Well, almost First Class. A friend of mine just got back from Japan and flew the same airline I'll be taking. Her daughter is a flight attendant and through the magic of flight attendant perks, she got to fly First Class to Japan. Knowing that I wouldn't have such a luxury she snagged me an extra relaxation kit from the First Class section. It has socks, sleeping eye cover dealies, earplugs, toothpaste, a toothbrush and more. It even comes in a nice pouch. I guess that's what you get for a $12,000 seat. My only fear is that I'll have it taken away because people like me in the Cattle Car aren't supposed to have such luxuries.


Making Chi-Town My Town

So when I arrive on the scene in Chi-Town tonight I have a couple of options. First, I can go to my hotel room and go to bed. Second, I can try to find a restaurant in the hotel, get something to eat, drink a coffee at the bar and hit on drunken vacationers (you know that's my forte). Third, I can catch a cab into Chi-Town proper and hit up some sort of sports bar or place with live music, and experience the night life in a real city. The catch is that my flight is at 7:00 in the morning out of O'Hare and I don't want to miss it.

I'm leaning toward the second choice. Dinner and coffee, maybe find a cozy place in the hotel to chill.


Time's Up

Sorry, that's all I have time for right now. I'll have to holler at y'all later. Peace and I'll send you some high quality Oriental Vibes.




Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Hayaku kite kudasai!
Get here soon!

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre