Thursday, July 26, 2007

Japan Teaser

Konnichiwa bitches! This is the Old Coot coming live and direct at you from Japan. I've been keeping myself eggstra busy, or my sister has been I should say. She's had the whole trip orchestrated for me, and I just been following along. This is how vacations should be!


I Ate Some Shit Tonight

"Ha ha, he ate shit" you're probably saying to yourself and those around you. But I mean it in the "Ain't that some shit" kind of way. We went out for sushi where they have this carousel like you see at the airport with little plates of sushi on them. Whenever the moment strikes you, you just grab a plate and eat up. Or, in my case tell your sister what you want and she orders it fresh for you. PlacaTAN!

Editor's Note: PlacaTAN! is not Japanese. It's origin is not completely understood, but what we do know is that it is not Asian.


I stuck with some things I've had before: salmon, tuna, some other thing, but I was convinced to try eel. Once you can get past the fact that it's totally disgusting and filled with tiny bones, it's really pretty good. I had a rough couple of moments at first where I thought I might lose my dinner all over the table, but I did alright and was able to finish it off.


Purikura

I'm guessing at the spelling of this one, but that's how it sounds. This is a photo booth they have in arcades and whatnot, only you can doctor up the photos afterwards. We took a bunch of pictures with an assortment of poses, then I had the honor of decorating them. I did my best considering I had never done it before.

One of the girls with us is a real live Japanese person, and she had a hard time grasping what the hub-bub was all about. Apparently this is something you do in junior high school, not as full blown adults. But shit, we don't have this back in the States, so it's novel.

I've been promised a better Purikura booth tomorrow, and now that I'm a seasoned veteran it should make for some good pics.

The machine spits out microscopic photos, but I'm photographing them with my camera so I'll be able to share them nice and big.


I'm sorry to say it, but that's all you guys get for tonight. I have to get all of my notes in order, upload all of my pictures/videos, set aside about four days and twelve pots of coffee to get down to bidness and blog about my adventures. I'll probably dish them out in pieces to keep from posting one huge entry.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

RackmanT said...

Awesome to hear from you about your trip, while you are still on your trip! See you soon,
The One and Only

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre