Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spider Bites, Revisited

My sister so graciously sent me into a fervor when she mentioned spider bites that itch are really spider eggs. I looked it up and she's wrong.


Spider Bites Defined

Okay, according to an online source, what I have is definitely spider bites...

Symptoms of Spider Bites

The bite is often painless and the first sign may be cramping abdominal pain. The abdomen becomes hard and boardlike as the waves of pain become severe. Breathing is difficult and accompanied by grunting. There may be nausea, vomiting, headaches, sweating, twitching, shaking, and tingling sensations of the hand. The bite itself may not be prominent and may be overshadowed by the systemic reaction.
Those are my exact symptoms. I figured it was either a head cold or heroin withdrawal. However, I know for certain I haven't used heroin since I was attacked by the spider. But what constitutes withdrawal? If I've never technically used heroin can it still be withdrawal? Can you withdraw from something you've never done? Can you catch withdrawal from contact with a hobo? Should I now be worried about that? Should I get on methadone now to rule that out?

I better head down to North St. for a proper fix. The first one is still free, right?




Over and Out,
Old Coot

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Sorry, Todd, I thought my source was good. Highschoolers are usually pretty accurate, aren't they? I mean, you really can get cancer from purple nurples... right?

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre