Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fun is Free



This morning I enjoyed my blueberry pancakes and coffee with Jack Johnson, specifically Live at Bonnaroo, playing in the background. This specific album has little snippets mixed in with Jack et al talking about the songs, performances, the band and life in general. At one point, one of the guys was talking about the parallels between performing on stage and surfing (they're just laid back surfer dudes) and he put it simply: Fun is Free.

As luck would have it, years ago two of my favorite people were throwing a Bonfire and BBQ Party and the invite came on a Stella Marrs postcard bearing just that phrase. That postcard has adorned my refrigerator - front and center at eye level - ever since.

In the last few years I have shifted my focus in life away from worrying about stupid shit to what's really important - Fun - and that card serves as a daily reminder.

Enjoy the day.

Over and Out,
Old Coot

P.S. If the fine folks at Stella Marrs don't want this low-res picture displayed I will gladly remove it or replace it with a link to your site. We here at Old Coot Productions ® don't want to step on any toes.

Everyone else, please visit their site for all of your postcard needs. They have some great products.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I thought that picture looked familiar...

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him.' and I just took off." -Pre